Anyone starting GW Intern program in July??Register Today!
- by navywifeRN Jun 18, '12Hello everyone!
I was wondering if anyone here is starting the intern program at George Washington University Hospital in July. I recently interviewed with them and am waiting to hear back! They said they'd get back to me by the end of the month for sure but I am anxiously awaiting to hear if I have been accepted! I wanted to know if anyone else has applied to this program and what department you are hoping to get!! Hopefully I will have some good news soon!!!
- Jun 18, '12 by msrn1012hi! I also applied at george washington's intern program and was interviewed more than a week ago. Still waiting to hear from them too. I applied for the med surg department. They told me that i would prolly here from them in a week after the interview but still no news. :|
- Jun 19, '12 by navywifeRNHello msrn1012,
I applied for the ICU position and going nuts waiting to hear back!!! I have another job offer but this is my first choice...I hope we hear something soon!!
- Jun 19, '12 by msrn1012i feel you! would really want to work at GW, the location is great and i heard that their new grad program is really good. you're lucky u got a job offer, i applied at 3 different hospitals but got no response yet. i hope so too! btw may i kno wat other hospital u applied at?
- Jun 24, '12 by navywifeRNI've applied all over..almost every place that was hiring. I haven't heard back from a few places (washington hospital center), had a lot of rejections :-( but two other job offers. I have turned down one position at Walter Reed Hospital in Bethesda and have another one I am considering if I don't get this position at GW. Also, if it makes you feel any better I have been applying since MARCH!! It feels like an eternity. I am simply read to work!!!!!!
BTW still haven't heard anything but the 26th will be here before we know it!! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!
- Jun 24, '12 by bernbabybern820Hey Pamela,
I don't want to get your hopes up or anything but when i applied for the ICU position on Tuesday and got an email the next day telling me that the position was filled.
- Jun 24, '12 by navywifeRNDid you apply for a regular ICU position or for the Internship program?
- Jun 24, '12 by bernbabybern820The regular one. I'm not sure why i got a reply email back the next day as opposed to the never answering back response that everyone else usually gets. Maybe it's because i did my practicum at GWU?
- Jun 25, '12 by navywifeRNI'm sorry that they filled up the regular positions already. I do know that the internship program is something different. It doesn't start until the end of July and that they are making their decisions as we speak.
- Jun 25, '12 by luvluvNursePamelaS can you check your pm? I have a question i am dying to know the answer to. Thnks