- by maheekappus Jan 13, '10Hi:
I am an LPN and I would like know if there is any organization that I can join and go to Haiti to help? Thank you
- Jan 13, '10 by realnursealso/LPNContact your local Red Cross.
- Jan 13, '10 by maheekappusthank you. I will do that.
- Jan 13, '10 by maheekappuscontacted Red Cross and they said that We are not accepting volunteers to travel to Haiti. The local chapter near my town also has the same message.
- Jan 13, '10 by Lala27poodlesThere is Hope for Haiti
Visit them at http://www.hopeforhaiti.com/volunteering.php to inquire about help,
There is Red Cross, you have to contact your local chapter.
There is Nurses International, or Nurses without Borders, that you can contact.
Be patient, they will surely accept your help, but you may have to go through a rush training course/temporary certification in order to go, plus traveling internationally is always a lengthy process, unfortunately. I'm sure they are trying to get the help there as quickly as possible.
Help IS on the way, but Haiti is very far away, and parts of it are unreachable. Teams from ALL over the world, China, Denmark, USA, Britain.....everyone is coming to help.
- Jan 13, '10 by houselibertyIf u can't travel at this time, donate money, u can help that way, there are three foundation that I know of that is legit and who is helping Haiti right now so donate to them: The American Red Cross, Wyclef's "YELE" foundation , Text "YELE" to 501501, $5 per text, or www.care.org hope this help, I've donated to all of them so we can definitely make a difference...God bless
- Jan 14, '10 by willie46Hello,
I want to help in Haiti also,which direction I am not sureI am a LPN/LVN in the healthcare field for 20yrs.please assist me directions to go.Californai Nurses Association are asking for RN's only right now.
- Jan 14, '10 by traumaRUsLet me move this to the Volunteer Forum....