Anyone going to Haiti?
- 4Jan 13, '10 by piscesguyHow will you get there and who are you going with? Are there groups taking RN's and other clinicians down there? Anyone know of anything? I know the military is going, a friend of mine with a small plane is going.... anyone else. I wonder.
- 5Jan 13, '10 by SpeedracerRNReady to go if I can figure out who wants us. I am signed up with Florida's state disaster call, but don't know how to get the right people my resume.
3+ years in a level one trauma center unit, 5 years of hardcore urban home health and experience in third world messes from my time in the military.
PM me if you are looking for a healthy male RN to go.
- 5Jan 13, '10 by lovethepeopleI am in California and belong to the California Nurses Association. They sent out an email with this information and are recruiting for the RN Response Network nationally:
Of course there is always Doctors Without Borders (not just for doctors)
I wish I could go but circumstances won't allow it. Good luck finding a way to help--- and thank you for helping!
- 2Jan 13, '10 by DhornRNThe best that I can do is a financial donation to Doctors Without Borders. The nurses who go to Haiti to help are awesome individuals. My prayers go out to the people of Haiti and the people of the world who do even the smallest thing to help.
- 1Jan 13, '10 by thanrye8710Here is a website that will really help. I got this from White House web page:
I would love to go and help.. but I can't... I am still reviewing for NCLEX-RN. I am an EMT. What I can contribute is prayers. I will pray for the victims and for the people who are going to help. God Bless
- 2Jan 13, '10 by butterfly04God bless all of you guys for wanting to help! My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families!
I was reading CNN and I came across this article:
Although it does state at the beginning that organizations are asking for monetary donations rather than volunteers at this time, this isn't entirely true. If you visit the websites of some of the organizations listed, you will find information on volunteering as a nurse.
If I find anything else, I will be sure to post.
Good luck and be safe to anyone that does go!