Inova Health System - Page 8Register Today!
- Aug 21, '12 by csj50I'll be a super user as well! Interview/hired past Thursday!
During my interview, I also mentioned how I had applied for an RN-BSN program...I think the interviewer gave that a big plus.
SO happy and relieved to not be looking anymore! Since January, I've applied to over 250 positions...yep, 250!!! The interviewer was very surprised I hadn't gotten a job yet...she thought I had already been on an interview with Inova since I had interviewed so well! Haha! (Had to toot my own horn there....not finding a job has been incredibly depressing!!!)
- Aug 21, '12 by meomeo2410Can anyone explain me more about the Epic "supper user" position? Is it an clinical position or technical position? Thanks
- Aug 21, '12 by soreadyRNIt is a clinical position. I've been hired as a new graduate RN. Additionally, I will be trained as an epic super user. Epic is a computer based software system many hospitals have been transitioning to (including the hospital I was a student at). From what I've been told, this year is when all Inova hospitals will go live with this system meaning all nurses, doctors, pharmacy etc. will be expected to be somewhat efficient in navigating the system. Everyone will go through training but it will be the super users that go through extensive training so they can serve as resources on the floor and throughout the hospital to allow for a smooth transition. Hope that helps!Last edit by soreadyRN on Aug 21, '12
- Aug 21, '12 by soreadyRNI've also been told many experienced nurses and other hospital staff will be trained too
- Aug 21, '12 by meomeo2410Thanks for your information. How much do they pay for a New Grad RN?
- Aug 21, '12 by bernbabybern82025 dollars
- Aug 22, '12 by csj50Hm...I was told by two HR people it is NOT a cliinical position (as we are not assigned to a specific unit)...you would train, then assist staff with transitioning to the new software....then after about a year, a more permanent position (i.e. a fellowship on a unit) would be offered. My understanding was that we would not be providing bedside care.
- Aug 22, '12 by inovahealthQuote from Eric CartmanPosted on behalf of Inova:Does anybody happen to know if Inova Health Systems will hire ADN-RNs? The job postings on their website for nurse positions list a preference for BSN, or MSN, but it does not say that it is definitely required. Are there any ADN-RNs around that have become employed by Inova recently?
Yes, Inova hires Associates degree Nurses with a signed committment form stating that you will obtain BSN within the next 3 years.
- Aug 27, '12 by Cahoon BSN RNCan anyone tell me WHERE Inova superuser training is? P*** said that it was next to the FCPS building, but when I google map it there is a Marriott on one side and townhouses on the other!! I am so confused and I don't want to be late...especially after that email today. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS!!Last edit by Cahoon BSN RN on Aug 27, '12 : Reason: spelling
- Aug 28, '12 by inovahealthPosted on behalf of Inova:
The building is located behind the FCPS building. If you turn on Gatehouse Road from Gallows Road, 8111 Gatehouse Rd. is on your right. The building is set back, so it’s hard to see. Look for flagmen on Gatehouse Rd. who will direct you to parking.