UTA Spring 2013 - Page 47Register Today!
- Hi mphillips, I am not partnered. Thanks for condolences. It was my mother :'(
- Thank you Kajnkween, I got the call about mid July. I've heard that it's possible to get called off the waitlist even a few days before clinicals. Yes, family first. Always!
- Let's all keep a positive attitude. Be thinking about what we'll do if this falls through. I've been waiting a long time myself, and this has been one of my lifelong dreams. I took a different path years ago--I got my business degree from A&M. Never was fulfilled in the business world. I'm passionate, and I'm a caregiver. Love people. Love taking care of people and meeting needs. It's me. It's what I thrive on. I don't even have to think about it. It's part of my fabric. Really want to be a nurse. Need to be a nurse.
Having said that, I also know that where you are in life (at any given moment) may not be your destination. It may just be the road that takes you to your destination. Life is fickle, and I've learned to just relax and let it happen. Responsibilities, yes we have them, and we have to maintain. Do your best, then sit back and see what fate brings to your doorstep. Que Sera, Sera. Hope this helps someone. Anxiety can be a a runaway snowball. Life goes on. Try to live from where you are. Don't worry, be happy
- Nov 9, '12 by anawHi txhopeful12,I Checked Uta nursing website and it shows the list of books for spring 2013 "on campus only"I am wondering when they will post the books for the online AP or if we will buy the same booksLast edit by anaw on Nov 9, '12 : Reason: Misspelling
- Nov 11, '12 by Ena1203Hey, does anyone know if UTA requires the science part of the HESI? I keep getting conflicting answers from different sources and the UTA website didn't specify science but it did say general knowledge and I'm not sure what that it
- Nov 11, '12 by Ena1203@KBC123 thank you for your response I am still hopeful. If you don't mind me asking did you apply for the program at UTA before your after taking their 3 pre-reqs? I'm debating if i should wait until I have those done to apply or just go ahead and apply while I have them in progress
- Nov 12, '12 by lee1920Ena1203, No, UTA does not require you take those Science portion of the HESI. If you take the HESI at UTA then no sciences is on there, but if you take it at Prometric, it's on there, and you can take it, but UTA won't look at the Science scores.
- Nov 12, '12 by Ena1203Lee1920, Thank you! You made my day bc I take it on saturday and I didn't want to have to worry about science also.
- Nov 14, '12 by MelTX2012Has anyone on the waiting list heard anything yet? The wait is really getting to me! Just thought I would check in with everyone, though, to see if anyone had gotten a call yet.
- Nov 14, '12 by mphillipsI have not, but I'm really not getting my hopes up....Retaking the HESI this weekend to apply to Baylor since they want the Science section. Something has to give! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist - hoping for good news for all