Canadian RN moving to california - page 3
Hi, I'm a RN in Canada moving to California to do travel nursing. I have my licence in Minnesota and I am looking to work in Southern California. I have applied for my licence to be transfered to California through Nursys. I got... Read More
- 0Dec 8, '12 by rushhourHi all,
I am an RN (new grad) from ON and I cleared my nclex without having to go through the ssn/cgfns. I think some states require but I am registered with WI and it did not ask me anything other than school documents for the proof. To be more precise, I actually got the ATT even before writing crne. I hope this helps.....
- 0Dec 9, '13 by blondeveronicaI am a RN from Alberta, I wrote my nclex and got licensed through minnesota (with no intention of ever working there). I did this so that I could go to California. I think the best way to do it is to sign with a travel company, they will help you get your work visa, and then from there you get a SSN easily... and then from there you send all of your paperwork to the California board of nursing and wait for your license... Unsure about the practicum hour requirements as i'm still waiting for my license.
- 0Jan 15 by sdeirishhey! so i also went to York and am now trying to get my California license, they say that all i am missing is pediatric clinical hours, but i've called every where and you can not just do that course you gotta retake the entire program!!
so im wondering if anyone was able to get their license if this happened to them this year or last! please help!!!
- 0Jan 20 by godfatherfreakQuote from stephaniern12Hi, I'm a RN in Canada moving to California to do travel nursing. I have my licence in Minnesota and I am looking to work in Southern California. I have applied for my licence to be transfered to California through Nursys. I got confused when I applied for my licence in California, because I noticed you need to send school transcripts, licence validation....I figure I didn't have to do that, since I have my visa screen with CGFNS and my licence with Minnesota?? I've tried calling the California board of nursing, but I can't get through. Also, how long does it take before you get your licence when transfering from Minnesota?
Hi i like this thread as it has infor regarding travel nursing and doing the nclex!
stephaniern12 how is it going with your travel nursing? We would love to hear what happened and how are you doing
to everyone: im a canadian rn but i have no idea where to start in obtaining the nclex. So there are states that are 'easier' to apply in/to get your license? Could somebody give me a breakdown via here or PM with the visa, ssn stuff? Iam really confused thanks
- 0Apr 1 by mabstudentHi Yassi and others who were having problems with their clinical hours. I am wondering what was the outcome of your application for licensure in California? I was looking at the requirements for nursing education and realized that my nursing education did not have microbiology. However my anatomy and physiology class was a full year. Did anyone experience this before? Do they scrutinize it as much as the clinical hours?