Anyone traveling to NCH in Naples this winter?Register Today!
- by AWanderingMinstral Jul 5, '12I'm headed to NCH in Naples this winter and I'd love to know if anyone else is too. If you're returning there, I'd love to hear about your experiences too! Thanks!
- 5,544 Views
- Jul 5, '12 by nursinadreamWow, you're making plans early. Are they already filling spots for this winter? I've been in travel positions in FL since Christmas. I sure do enjoy the Gulf Coast. Tried for a seasonal at NCH but they don't use for OR positions.
- Jul 5, '12 by AWanderingMinstralI applied last and they offered me a contract. However, I ultimately chose a different opportunity. Yeah, they are already accepting online applications and conducting interviews. I accepted a six-month contract about two weeks ago! I applied EARLY this year in an effort to secure their housing, but, as it turns out, they have nothing left. I am going to start looking for housing on Craigslist. I'm ready to relax in the warmer climes (versus the chilly Northeast!)!
- Jul 5, '12 by msnurse14Has anyone worked at this hospital before? How was the the pay, experience, housing ,etc.? Thanks
- Jul 6, '12 by AWanderingMinstralDetails regarding NCH's benefits for seasonal nurses can be found here:
Seasonal RN and PT Jobs at NCH Healthcare - SW Florida's Premier Community Healthsystem
- Jul 8, '12 by RNWhit07Nurseellen, how did you like the Baycare Health System? I have family in Clearwater and was considering taking a travel position there. I heard the pay in FL is much lower than other areas? I am an ICU Nurse, plan to start traveling in January (because I'm currently in a contract at my home hospital in VA). Any feedback is appreciated.
- Jul 8, '12 by nurseellenRNWhit07, I would def recommend BayCare. Pay in FL is generally lower, but when u take a seasonal position thru the hospital, the rates are reasonable. If u work for BayCare Mobile Pool, u make $40/hr with no benefits or $35 with fully furnished housing (at least that was last winter's rates). The 2 main disadv are no health insur (although they were supposedly working on including that at some point) and u must be willing to float to several other BayCare hospitals in the area. Would consider returning to BayCare, but I want to explore other areas 1st.
- Jul 10, '12 by doro8144I am going to NCH Naples North this winter. I applied back in May, when I first saw their ads. I am glad I did, because I was able to get their housing. I am curious about other's experiences also. I wish I had applied for a job at the downtown campus, since it is right across the street from the housing. Oh, well...
This will be my first experience traveling. I am glad I will be working directly with the hospital and not through an agency. I will be starting October 29th, but have to be there within 2 weeks prior to do the drug screen etc...
- Jul 11, '12 by AWanderingMinstralI sent you an e-mail, Heidi! : )
- Jul 11, '12 by doro8144Nurseellen, I will be working at North Naples 2nd floor. Its a med-surg unit as well. I think it is similar to 4th floor. I am starting October 29th and staying for 6 months