Spring 2013 El Centro College ADN - page 17
Hi everyone! I was just wondering were there any others who were applying for Spring 2013. I was in nursing school many moons ago (2003 el centro), and have decided to take care of unfinished business. I'm super excited about... Read More
- 1Oct 23, '12 by Asho2087When admissions said that they hadn't gone through every packet yet, so I'm sure there will be more with higher scores. She also said that 18/19 has a pretty good shot at getting in since they added the nine new classes and many students wouldn't have them completed... I think we are all getting in!!! In a perfect world of course
- 0Oct 23, '12 by Trang5891well based on my personal experience, if you love to travel around , help community and participate leadership activities, I would suggest you join the organization. Bc I've been a member of PTK since 2010 and they should have lots of scholarships for students. But since this semester they are cutting down budget, I dont know whether they change anything, obviously there wont be scholarships for next semester
- 1Oct 23, '12 by MorganBAt this point it seems like everyone has a shot and hey that's a good thing. But November the 1st or 2nd will tell the story. Got my shoulder pads ready to tackle the mail lady lol. If I get in I'll be purchasing my scrubs the next day and wearing them as Christmas pjs. Lol.
- 0Oct 23, '12 by stephc80Hello everyone!
I recently discovered this thread and I'm excited about what I've read! I applied for Spring '13 with 24 points. I was pleasantly surprised to see the change in the point system, otherwise I would have waited until Fall '13 to apply. You can say that I'm in the middle of a mid-life crisis, aka career change, and the change in the process has benefited me.
I, however, am still concerned with the employability of future ADN's and I wish there was an option to "speed up" the process. I do realize there are BSN programs available, but I'm completing Micro and A&P 2 as I type. If I don't get in for Spring, I will be applying to TVCC, TWU, UTA, and El Centro again for the Fall.
Good Luck to everyone!
- 1Oct 24, '12 by kellikelliI have SICKENING butterflies in my stomach reading all this. I thought I had 25 also:
5 pts - 3.9 GPA
4 pts - 17 support hours completed
9 pts - HESI (92.8 Cumulative)
7 pts - UTA BSN classes completed
So now I'm hoping I have all of the vaccinations/paperwork in order! I'm completeing the other 2 UTA BSN classes this semester (one is already finished) so if I don't get in, SURELY I will next semester?!
Kudos to ALL of us for making it THIS far! Peace be with you all while we finish the wait!!
- 0Oct 24, '12 by kellikelliHello Stephc80!
Good luck to you in this app period. We will know soon!
I also do not plan to be satisfied with only an ADN because of future employability. I figure I can do 2 years to complete ADN and then another year at either UTArlington or TWU to finish my BSN. TWU has a 100% online ADN to BSN program. Wouldn't that be awesome?
I also applied to TWU this semester but if I have my choice, I would do El Centro brecause the first semester I would be taking 10 hours vs. 16 hours at TWU. That extra 6 hours will just about do me in as far as being able to work outside of school; and with three kids, I HAVE to earn something! So it may take me longer to get there, but if I can be employed in the process, it makes ALL the difference.
Congrats on applying! This being my 2nd go-round with El Centro, I know the hoops through which we are required to jump just to complete the app! Best wishes to you!
- 0Oct 24, '12 by MorganBKelli!!!!! ( my sister mom!)
So I'm not crazy to be attempting this with 3 kids? Lol. How old are your kiddos? Mine are 4, 18months and 8. Did I mention this is literally making me ill. I mean I thought I had 26 points but heck I feel like maybe I only had 3 at this point. I need this part to be over with and soon.Last edit by MorganB on Oct 24, '12