Parkland Hospital - Good Place to Work?Register Today!
- by frylockholmes Oct 21, '11Hi, I have a job interview with parkland next week for the Nurse Internship Position in L&D. I'm a little nervous about it. They want you to sign a 2 year contract. I'm a little reserved about that. Has anyone else here worked for Parkland recently? Do they have good benefits? How's the pay? Has anyone worked in L&D there? If anyone has any information, I'd love to hear it.
- Oct 22, '11 by PrettyladieI don't have any personal experiences about working at Parkland but I hear more bad than good. But I'm extremely excited to work here. Congrats on your interview. I applied to the ER Nurse Residency. I have to take the medication exam on Thursday of next week. A recruiter told me that interviews start on the 31st. When exactly is your interview. I'm not reserved about signing the 2 year contract because I've always wanted to work there, it's close to home. I just don't want to work anywhere else. So if you are reserved about signing it, then don't unless you have money to pay them back for putting your through the residency. Why are you reserved. The pay is $24.53 which is a litte higher than most DFW hospitals, considering this is county. I mean JPS probably pays around that too. My friend works there now and is in a resident program so if you have any questions let me know.
- Oct 22, '11 by fallinnstyleI don't have personal experience, but I do know that you will get the best immersion into L&D there than any other hospital anywhere. Their L&D is always busy. Good luck.
- Oct 22, '11 by frylockholmesWell i guess i shouldnt say reserved. Im just cautious. Im actually really exvited and hope i get the job. Thanks for helping mr out with this. I work in a smaller hosptal in northeast texas now and nobody here has anythig to tell me about working at parkland. I think i'll just see how the interview goes and then if they want mr, i'll decide then.
- Oct 22, '11 by frylockholmesWow sorry there were a lot of typos in that reply. Im on my iphone. Haha
- Oct 22, '11 by TexAg09Lately they have been getting dinged because a patient died in restraints (which is a no-no!) and for infection control. I don't know if they solved that or not. I interviewed there in May for ER. It's definitely a good experience because it's a county hospital but I hear it has the good and the bad like most places.
- Oct 23, '11 by PrettyladieTexasAg. How was your interview. Was it for the nurse resident position or just a RN job in the ER. Dis you get and accept the position.
- Oct 25, '11 by PrettyladieHow did your interview go
- Nov 5, '11 by foxyhill21Every hospital has its pros and cons, it just depends on what you are willing to deal with. I personally want to work at parkland, but Im not willing to take a pay cut at this point in my life.
- Nov 6, '11 by ames214What's the shift differentiation pay there? Thanks.