Vanderbilt Nurse Residency Program - Winter 2013 - Page 23Register Today!
- Dec 2, '12 by UTSN89That's exciting! I am so jealous that you are in Colorado--so pretty! I just got accepted into the critical care track for winter 2013. I think my best advice would be to really iterate throughout your application why critical care is your passion. What made you decide to go into critical care? What have you done to show that this is your dream area of nursing? (ie. volunteering, working in the ICU, maybe shadowing a critical care nurse, or having your capstone in the ICU, etc.). Good luck to you! If you have any more questions, I would be more than happy to help!!
- Dec 3, '12 by alohaakuaMy (semi-helpful)ADVICE FOR NEIGHBORHOODS TO LIVE IN: I lived in Nashville for a month this summer and got around a little so below is what I can say about the neighborhoods. Also I would find apartments in your price range, then check them out on apartmentratings.com, pay attention to how old the comments are and what they are complaining about. don't forget you can also look at the outside of the complex/house on Google street view.
I lived in Antioch (where it seems most of the apartments are), it was about 20-30 min away from Vandy without traffic. Nashville is notorious for terrible traffic. Antioch is really hit or miss. There are some cute/nice streets right next to some sketchy ones. I wouldn't sign any leases without really seeing the place/area. The closer to the water, the better.
I have heard (online) that East N'ville is bad, but I didn't go there and can't vouch for it either way.
Brentwood/green Hills area is very nice (think luxury homes/condos), but also more expensive. If you can afford it, I would recommend this area.
The area around Five Corners (look up cross streets S 10th St and Main St) is hipster/artsy. Not sure on prices, but it was a cute neighborhood to ride bikes around/walk.
I also heard that the area around Fisk Univ (north of Vandy) is bad, but have not seen it and cannot vouch for it.
I'll try to post more as I find out - good luck searching!
- Dec 3, '12 by cstarkWait, Nashville is notorious for bad traffic?!?! I'm from LA and was looking forward to no longer planning my life around rush hours (more like the entire morning and afternoon). I'm sure it's not as bad and it's not as big or spread out of a city, but this makes me a little sad.
- Dec 3, '12 by jlh386fortunately with our early or late schedules we should avoid the horrible traffic. I currently live in the cool springs area which is where brentwood and franklin meet. i pay about 1500 for a 2 bedroom. its about 20 min south of vandy. Really nice area right off of the highway. Lots of shops and places to eat around here. I'm never bored. There are cheaper places too. Check out the Farms at cool springs. That's where I live. There is also ashton brook. Alara cool springs. to name a few. I have heard that Antioch can be kind of sketchy to live but have not seen for myself! good luck all in the hunt!
- Dec 4, '12 by UTSN89I'm wanting to live in a house so I can bring my dog up to TN with me. She is well behaved and house trained. Soooo if anyone is cool with dogs or has a dog and wants to live in a house... (forgot to mention that previously--my bad!)
- Dec 5, '12 by SpartyRNI have not decided if house or apartment matters to me (more location)... But I am a dog lover! lol has anyone received a request for the Facebook group?