Calling all SOUTHWEST Tennessee Community College Fall 2011 Hopefuls!!! - page 12
by girlshunt2 25,730 Views | 187 Comments
Hi! I'm going crazy in suspense waiting to hear if I am accepted or not. Is anyone else trying for the fall 2011 semester at Southwest Tennessee Community College? How are ya feeling? :uhoh3: I'm sweating bullets! Need some... Read More
- 0Apr 11, '11 by mamadeuxHi got my letter, my schedule is TBA! for one of my classes I was told will pick my clincal date during Orientation, used this this weekend to put together the cost for doing the background checks, cpr, etc. I was told we would be given the list of books etc also on the orientation. Has anyone done their cpr certification yet?
- 0Apr 11, '11 by KimberlyLynnI havent done my CPR but I did register for it. I went to American Red Cross online and you can register for it there. Make sure before you select it that it says CPR/AED. There are only 2 open that are what we need. One for the 26th and one in May. It was 70$! 5 hour class. You can also get your shots cheaper at the health department or the shot nurse. I was quoted just 30$ for my shots and TB test at the health department.
- 0Apr 12, '11 by KimberlyLynnYou are welcome Butterfly. I bought some cheap used books just to try to study Foundations and Adult health since I heard those were the classes that make alot of students fail. I called the bookstore though and they said that the books they have for the nursing department could change by August to newer versions so I wouldnt buy brand new books just yet. I wish we knew too, cause I would go ahead and buy them all now!
- 0Apr 12, '11 by illusion5Quote from butterfly2000I would wait until Orientation to purchase books because I heard they are changing books. Once school starts you don't a bunch of nursing books you don't need or can't resale. But if your are very anxious go to Southwest online bookstore to see if they have Foundations books available.Is there anyone already in the program that knows what books we need so we can look for used ones ahead of time. Orientation isn't until August which seems a long time to wait.
Kimberlynn thanks for the info on the shots and CPR/AED class.
- 0Apr 12, '11 by tonmcgwn1I talked to a man at the book store and he told me that I will recieved a book list in orientation. He also said that alot of people come in and buy all the books on the list and do not use half of them. He told me to wait and find out which book that I will be using and rent them. The way he talk, there is alot of books on that list.