Accepted a new job in telephone triage!Register Today!
- by jujubeee Jan 15First time doing telephone triage and so glad to have stumbled upon this section of allnurses. Orientation/training starts at the end of the month.....SO EXCITED!
Btw, I read about some nurses getting certified in telephone triage? Where do you guys get that??? Thanks!
- Jan 16 by Glenna, LPNI'm going to be doing a lot of that with my new job. I don't know about you but I'm super nervous.
- Jan 17 by nursey04Congrats! Will you be working in a physician's office? I have been a telephone triage nurse for over 8 years in a physician's office and it truly is an art, just like any other nursing specialty.
I know you can get certified, but I can't remember how. I think there is a society of telephone triage nursing.
- Jan 17 by tewdlesCongrats!
What type of triage nursing will you do? Office, hospice, specialty?
- Jan 17 by shamrokksI do telephone triage in a GI clinic (specialty). I'm back up for other things in the clinic too so I do have pt contact but my main job is telephone triage. I love it. I'm not sure about certification.
- Jan 17 by cayenne06I do a little telephone triage and find it very interesting. Good luck in your new job!!!