Accepted a new job in telephone triage!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Accepted a new job in telephone triage! in Telephone Triage Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... First time doing telephone triage and so glad to have stumbled upon this section of allnurses....by jujubeee Jan 15First time doing telephone triage and so glad to have stumbled upon this section of allnurses. Orientation/training starts at the end of the month.....SO EXCITED!
Btw, I read about some nurses getting certified in telephone triage? Where do you guys get that??? Thanks!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=808774©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,738 Views
- Jan 16 by Nurse2b7337Congrats to you!!!
- Jan 16 by Glenna, LPNI'm going to be doing a lot of that with my new job. I don't know about you but I'm super nervous.
- Jan 17 by nursey04Congrats! Will you be working in a physician's office? I have been a telephone triage nurse for over 8 years in a physician's office and it truly is an art, just like any other nursing specialty.
I know you can get certified, but I can't remember how. I think there is a society of telephone triage nursing.
- Jan 17 by tewdlesCongrats!
What type of triage nursing will you do? Office, hospice, specialty?
- Jan 17 by shamrokksI do telephone triage in a GI clinic (specialty). I'm back up for other things in the clinic too so I do have pt contact but my main job is telephone triage. I love it. I'm not sure about certification.
- Jan 17 by cayenne06I do a little telephone triage and find it very interesting. Good luck in your new job!!!
- Jan 18 by jujubeeeI'm doing it for a family medicine department that's part of a huge clinic in my town. The staff seemed great and I got to observe a little bit of what I would be doing and it looks exciting! 2 weeks and I start training!
- Jan 18 by jujubeeeQuote from Glenna, LPNI'm nervous too, but more excited. We'll see what happens!I'm going to be doing a lot of that with my new job. I don't know about you but I'm super nervous.