What got you into school?Register Today!
- by RNextraordinare Apr 24, '10I was wondering if those who were accepted to Nurse Anesthetist schools this year and the past 2 years could post your stats for which schools you applied to and got an interview, what your undergrad GPA was, GRE scores, years of clinical experience and any certifications that you hold! Thanks!
- 33,772 Views
- Apr 28, '10 by FockerRNBSMechanicalEngineering 1999 GPA 3.4
BSN prereq's 4.0
BSN 2008 GPA 4.0 (3.6 cumulative with BSME)
4 MS Engineering classes (GPA 3.75) and am taking 1 MSN class (expect A)
GRE 1430 (Q780,V650,W5.5)
~10 months experience at interview, ~19 months at start of program
ACLS, PALS, TNCC
Received interviews at 2 schools, offers to 2 schools.
What got me in? I think it was a combination of GRE score, previous degree (heavy emphasis on critical thinking), letters of recommendation and interview.
- Jul 20, '10 by ICU.travelerGPA 2.84
8 years ICU/ER (mostly ICU) traveler for the last 6 years.
It's not all about the grades.
Don't ever get discouraged and not apply because of the poor gpa/gre
I know at least 2 people who got in with GREs < 900.
My current gpa is 3.8. Doing well in clinicals too. You just have to prove to the admission com. that you won't be a waiste of a spot and that you will not fail.
- Aug 21, '10 by premaseekerBS GPA 3.4ish
Master of Public Health 3.67
Masters of Nursing 3.96 (MN not MSN)
GRE 1250 (640 verbal, 610 quant)
18 months of neuro/medical/surg ICU experience at interview
great letters of ref from intensivist, Associate dean, and nurse manager
CCRN, PALS, ACLS, charge nurse experience
was nursing school clinical instructor for 1 semester at a Big 10 University
shadowed ~ 32 total hrs
was on 2 emergency response teams (I think programs look for extra-curricular stuff like volunteering to decide between similarly qualified candidates.)
applied to 2 schools, accepted at both
- Aug 24, '10 by NIUredblackBS Nursing 3.5
2 years MICU experience
CCRNLast edit by NIUredblack on Jan 2, '11
- Sep 8, '10 by Richard_Head3 Previous degrees
adult and pediatric CCRN
3 years RN experience: Flight Nurse, STICU at level trauma center,
accepted on the spot at first interview
- Sep 8, '10 by N2NRSINGLove this thread, thanks so much everyone! Its nice to see hard working people accepted and not just geniuses kwim? Thanks!
- Sep 12, '10 by TJFRNICU traveler... where are you going to school?
- Oct 14, '10 by Missy121ADN 2007- GPA 3.4
BSN 2009 GPA 3.69 (A's in Chem, Orgo, Physics)
Worked full time ICU while getting my BSN
GRE: 1000 ( eww I didn't want to post that)
ACLS, PALS, CCRN
1.5 Yrs ICU at time of interview
Volunteer Medical Missions trip to Haiti after the earthquake
Wrote and presented an undergraduate senior thesis at a regional research evening and won best student presenter
Very nice letters of recommendation
Maybe because I accomplished all this while I was young they saw potential? I am not sure, my grades are ok, not a 4.0 or anything
Samuel Merritt- #2 on waitlist, was accepted after a few weeks
Albany Medical School- Accepted
UNE- declined interview invite after the 1st acceptance