Walden FNP starts june 03, x2013Register Today!
- by shepherd34 May 25Hi all, anyone starting walden on June 3rd? I'm doing the fnp, home is in Nevada. Anyone else from the silver state starting the program in a week and a half?
- May 25 by tcabassaHello,
My name is Tammie. I am in the MSN-FNP program at Walden University. I am in my 3rd quarter or taking 6501 and 6053 starting June 3rd. I live in Ohio. I wish you luck and enjoy the program.
- May 25 by shepherd34Hi Tammie, nice to meet you. I'm Arion. Congrats and good luck!! You make it seem easy juggling all the things you do. Lol. I'm stoked but a bit apprehensive. What have you disliked and liked about the program?
- May 26 by babyruthHi,
My name is Ruthann and I'm starting the program June 3 as well. I'm in Wichita, KS. I'm a little apprehensive too. I've read a lot of reviews on the program at Walden and I'm hopeful that it is a good program and that I'll be able to find employment as a nurse practitioner once I'm graduated. I'd love to connect with some people who have graduated from the FNP program and hear what they have to say.
Good luck to you!
- May 26 by DawnJI did my MPH at Walden. Interesting to hear they have a FNP program too
- May 30 by GGMISSTXI am also starting the FNP program on June 3rd. I am from Texas. I to am very nervous, but looking forward to it. My biggest fear is the writing. I have to admit I am not a good writer. It is going to be a huge adjustment for my family and myself.
Walden has not had a graduating class yet. They just started the program last Fall. The only thing I have seen on the FNP blog are students having problems getting preceptors. Good luck all.
- Jun 1 by Nishacat03Starting June 3rd as well I am in Arizona . I'm sure we will be in touch good luck to all :-)
- Jun 9 by dscott04I started the FNP program at Walden in Sept 2012. Classes are fine and my grades are good. I do have to do a lot of reading and writing, but have been able to maintain an A average while working full-time. My 2 teenage children and supportive husband have made it possible.
The negative I am experiencing is regarding preceptors. It has been extremely hard. I do have my first arranged, but only because I know a family doc who is willing to precept me. I'll have to use all the contacts I can to arrange for future rotations. That is my only complaint. I do hope that Walden learns from this experience with these early classes and arranges for more help finding preceptors.