What does MDBON ask on ATT/NCLEX??

Nurses Criminal

Published

Does the ATT and/or NCLEX application for Maryland only ask about convictions? Or do they also ask about arrests? And do they say to disclose expunged records? I have an expunged nolle prosequi (not a conviction) for shoplifting that I was wrongly accused of and I am worried about what I will have to report and if I will be able to sit for the boards when I graduate next year.

Specializes in MCH,NICU,NNsy,Educ,Village Nursing.

The BON website should tell you ....or, the NCLEX application itself will.

I have not found anything on the Mdbon website that answers my questions. The criminal background check FAQ I saw on the website was vague. Obviously the application itself will tell me but I do not have access to it without paying the $$$ fee and want to be as prepared as I can when it comes time to apply.

Specializes in MCH,NICU,NNsy,Educ,Village Nursing.

Did you look at this fact sheet? Fact Sheet: Criminal History Record Checks for NCLEX, Endorsement and 1st-time CNA Applicants

You may want to ask someone in law enforcement in Maryland how those things are handled regarding if they are still on your record or erased.

Good luck!

Yes I've seen that link before. But thanks for your help!

My suggestion when dealing with the Md BON is to disclose anything that might come up on your background check. It is easier to disclose and write a letter explaining what happened and how you have changed and grown as well as send in court documentation than it would be if you did not disclose and they were to get the information from your background check.

Don't stress, if your honest there should be no problem. I was a ball of anxiety waiting for my ATT and as soon as I got it I felt crazy for stressing out so much since I was honest and gave them all the documentation they could have ever wanted and some.

My suggestion when dealing with the Md BON is to disclose anything that might come up on your background check. It is easier to disclose and write a letter explaining what happened and how you have changed and grown as well as send in court documentation than it would be if you did not disclose and they were to get the information from your background check.

Don't stress, if your honest there should be no problem. I was a ball of anxiety waiting for my ATT and as soon as I got it I felt crazy for stressing out so much since I was honest and gave them all the documentation they could have ever wanted and some.

@kaykay17 Thanks for your response! Do you mind me asking more detail about your experience with MDBON and what your history was?

@kaykay17 Thanks for your response! Do you mind me asking more detail about your experience with MDBON and what your history was?

@mygarnet My history involves a DUI literally a week before nursing school started. Honestly it could not have come at a better time and without that experience I don't think I would have excelled in school like I did. I applied for the ATT April 2017 with 20 months left on probation.

I already had experience with this processes getting my CNA and it really helped in the processes of applying for my ATT. My first go around I was playing mail tag with them trying to get them everything they requested (my court documents, any and all probation as well as accompanying papers, and a letter of explanation). My second go around for my ATT I was prepared, i had my court docs, probation papers, and all accompanying paperwork copied, I wrote a new letter of explanation (I can send you a copy if you would like) and as soon as I put my application in to the md bon i mailed that envelope of papers.

I am kind in similar situation and I highly appreciate if you can email me the letter of explanation([email protected]). how long did it take to get your license??

Thanks

+ Add a Comment