Polk State College spring 2018 Nursing school

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

Hello all,

My name is Chris and I wanted to start a forum for anyone thinking about applying for the Polk state college nursing program starting in spring 2018. I am applying with a 3.45 overall GPA and a 3.5 pre-req GPA if I am adding that correctly. I plan to take my Teas in late July and I will update you all on how that goes. I look forward to hearing from everyone. Good luck! :)

Specializes in Med/Surg, PCU,.

Hi Chris,

I plan on applying to Polk State as a back up for UCFs BSN program and SCCs concurrent program. Even though Polk State is my plan C, I am very excited to apply. I am also THRILLED to hear about the point system. It gives everyone a fair chance honestly. My gpa is a little low because, of Bio and I am taking AP2 and Micro this semester. I plan on taking this TEAS test next week. Hope to hear from future applicants. My gpa is a 3.3 right now and my prereq is a 3.6 right now.

Hi Chris! I'm also applying for the 2018 spring program(generic track). I'm scheduled to take the TEAS the first week of July. I'm a little worried about my overall gpa being too low, but my pre-req gpa is 3.5. Also hoping my prior B.A degree helps boost my odds of admission.

Hi Chris! I'm applying for the Spring program 2018 (generic track) and also applying at HCC as my second option. I took the TEAS last week and I got 82, thanks to ATI TEAS Test Study Guide 2017: ATI TEAS Study Manual with ATI TEAS Practice Tests for the ATI TEAS 6 (English is not my mother language). I have a strong overall, pre-req GPA, and a B.A degree. Hopefully, I can get into the program at Polk State.

So happy someone created this thread! I just took the TEAS last week and scored an 87.3% I am currently taking A&P now so I do not have that grade yet but my overall Gpa is 3.2 and program Gpa is 3.5 I also have an AA degree which I read is worth 2 extra points. Hopefully that is enough to get in!

Does anyone having information regarding apartments nearby? I'm also looking for roommates if I get accepted into the program.

What price range are you looking for may I ask? Ariva Apartments are less than 5 minutes from the school and absolutely beautiful. Google Ariva Apartments Lakeland. Lakeside Village Apartments are also very nice and right off the parkway two exits up so about a 10 min drive. Both of those start around $1050 for a one bedroom. If you want something a little less look at Madison Lake Ned in Winter Haven or Carlton Arms Apartments of Winter Haven both of those would be about a 15 minute drive. There is also a Carleton Arms of South Lakeland. If you have any questions feel free to message me!

Can I ask what everyone got on their TEAS? I think applications have to be in by Sept 12th. Best of luck everyone!

What price range are you looking for may I ask? Ariva Apartments are less than 5 minutes from the school and absolutely beautiful. Google Ariva Apartments Lakeland. Lakeside Village Apartments are also very nice and right off the parkway two exits up so about a 10 min drive. Both of those start around $1050 for a one bedroom. If you want something a little less look at Madison Lake Ned in Winter Haven or Carlton Arms Apartments of Winter Haven both of those would be about a 15 minute drive. There is also a Carleton Arms of South Lakeland. If you have any questions feel free to message me!

Thank you so much for your recommendations.

I plan on taking the TEAS in two weeks

Good luck!

Thanks, same to you. How did you do on yours?

+ Add a Comment