Penn DNP-NA 2018

Nursing Students SRNA

Published

To all the future SRNA's of The University of Pennsylvania 2018. A thread to assist each other with questions, preparation and ideas.

for people who got interview or got accepted, when did you hear back about interview invitation? Penn emailed me that they forwarded my profile to the admission committee on Nov. 13rd for cohort 2019. just wonder normally how long it takes to contact your for interview? thanks

Ultimately I chose to attend a program closer to home, but as I recall I got my invitation to interview within 2-3 weeks of the application deadline and my acceptance letter within 10 days of my interview.

Hey guys! I interviewed with UPENN this past October and two weeks later got my acceptance letter for 2019, however they just called me earlier this week and I was offered a seat for the 2018 start date. Super stoked to meet everyone and join the cohort! Trying to get organized, since we have less than 5 months to start!

Have we started a FB group? I think that's a great idea!

Specializes in Anesthesia.
Hey guys! I interviewed with UPENN this past October and two weeks later got my acceptance letter for 2019, however they just called me earlier this week and I was offered a seat for the 2018 start date. Super stoked to meet everyone and join the cohort! Trying to get organized, since we have less than 5 months to start!

what a nice surprise :). Welcome... Are you working in NYC, by any chance?

Thank you! :D I work on Long Island, about 30 minutes from NYC!

Thank you! :D I work on Long Island, about 30 minutes from NYC!

Great, I work in one of NYC CTICU... Long Island isn't too far...

does the dnp/na qualify you as a np as well if you don't end up doing anesthesia?

does the dnp/na qualify you as a np as well if you don't end up doing anesthesia?

No, that would require an NP concentration.

hi all, im interviewing for penn crna soon. I was wondering if anyone had insight on what they asked in the interview as well as if anyone who lived out of state was able to conduct the interview online or if it was mandatory to fly to campus? thank you

Well ladies and gentlemen reality is setting in. We've received our e-mails with our first set of tasks/expectations. It's definitely going to be hard giving up the comforts we've become so used to as ICU nurses and go straight back to the stressful bottom of the totem pole, but I'm excited to begin this journey with you all. I can tell getting licensed in the other states isn't going to be a cake walk, and costs are going to rack up quickly, but I guess todays sacrifices lead to tomorrows success. If I have any information or tips/tricks to pass on as we begin this process I'll happily share them. I hope you all will do the same. Go Quakers! Is that an appropriate way to end this message? lol

Our three years journey starts May 10th. Together, we shall sweat, bleed, and cry marching to the top of Mount Victory :)

Hey everyone! I just got in for 2019. Can't wait to hear about your first year!! Good luck!

+ Add a Comment