Alanta New Grad Residency Programs 2017

Nurses Job Hunt

Published

Hello! I started applying for the new graduate RN programs in Atlanta (Piedmont, Northside, Emory, etc.) and I was wondering if anyone know their interview process? I am from Arizona and graduate at the end of April, so it is difficult for me to travel in my last semester from over here. Is anyone else applying for these jobs!?

Hey! I am applying as well. I am from out of state too.

Which residencies have you applied for thus far? I am nervous about the entire process.

Also what areas are you interested in?

I have applied to multiple ones at Northside, Piedmont, Emory, and Gwinnett! Which ones have you applied to? I just received an email the other day from Emory regarding an interview. I live in AZ and the interview date is on the day of my next exam and they do not do skype interviews, so hopefully I can move that interview to another day and somehow make it out there. I'm interested in ED! I would also like ICU or a step down unit, but my heart is in the ED.

I have replied to Emory, Piedmont, and I have tried to apply to Gwinnett but the website says its closed.

When did you apply to Gwinnett?

I am interested in Neuro ICU, CVICU, Or a step down unit.

I have the SAME conflict, an exam on the same day.

What day did you apply to Piedmont and have they contacted you? I saw on their website that they do not contact everyone that applies :(

I can't remember when I applied to Gwinnett but definitely this month! Oh that's awesome! I loved the CVICU. Did you email them back about that conflict? I applied for Piedmont I want to say last week? I feel like I've applied for so many I can't remember exactly when! I know that's the worst:cry:

I emailed them but have yet to get a response. I honestly do not think they have begun to contact anyone yet though because the portal recently opened. Is Atlanta the only place you plan to relocate to?

Can you let me know when they respond to you? That would be greatly appreciated! I agree it says they're still taking applicants so I don't think they have started interviews. Right now I'm looking in that general area. I don't mind relocating to other cities in Georgia, I just want to stay around that area, not too south. I might stay in AZ, it just depends on the job offers I get! How about you?

No problem, ill let you know!

I really want to locate because I am so tired of small towns. I need more of a city feel.

Also, do you know if Emory grants everyone an interview?

Thank you! Yeah I agree, I'm right there with you! I'm not sure about that. I'm so sad I can't make that interview :(

Specializes in Case mgmt., rehab, (CRRN), LTC & psych.

Moved to the Nursing First Job Hunt forum for more replies.

Any word back for you?

Nope! Just from Emory to schedule an interview but I can't make it because of my exam. What about you?

+ Add a Comment