Kindred Sub-acute Care Facility background check ques?Register Today!
- by Scotthudson1966 Jun 29, '12Does anyone know if Kindred Sub Acute Rehab locations, do pre employment credit checks for nurses. I had a 90 minute interview today and the pay and hours are fantastic , I have no criminal history , but my credit is not so hot. So if anyone knows out there I would really appreciate it. So far I have not seen anything on that subject but I could be wrong.
- 3,291 Views
- Jun 29, '12 by #1MEI didn't know some facilities did credit checks.
- Jun 30, '12 by nicenurselpnI worked for them too over 4 years ago and they didn't do a credit check. If they did, I def wouldn't have been hired!
- Jun 30, '12 by llgI don't know anything about Kindred, but ...
A lot of places who do credit do not disciminate against people who simply have poor credit -- but who are within the range of "normal" for the population. They are looking to screen out only those who have something really extraordinary in their records. They also use the credit check to verify that the residential and employment history given to them by the applicant matches the information in the credit check. They catch liars this way -- and they don't hire liars.
Finally, in many (all?) states, people can't run a credit check on you without you giving permission. So it is unlikely they ran one if you didn't give them permission to.
- Jun 30, '12 by AltraAgree with llg -- as I've said here before on AN - the purpose of the credit check is not to see how much you owe on credit cards, but to corroborate other information an applicant has provided such as current and previous addresses, previous employment, etc.
- Jul 1, '12 by gwafuh_rnwhich kindred is that? im working at kindred hospital but its not a sub acute.its more of a long term acute hospital.they don't do credit check in ouir place.
- Jul 8, '12 by Scotthudson1966
I was offered a job after a rigorous interview process. Now just waiting for background check and drug test results. No mention of a credit check thank God.
I feel much better after reading your replies
- Aug 1, '12 by nursingiloveNo. Never heard them say anything about a credit check.
- Oct 18, '12 by Havin' A Party!Like many HR policies at multi-state companies, this one may vary based on the specific location.