have anyone enrolled in an RN-to-BSN program right after ADN school?Register Today!
- by mee9mee9 Mar 4have you ever enrolled in an RN-to-BSN program right after ADN school? did it help you employment prospects or were you able to be considered for a job?
- Mar 4 by BacktotheBeachYes I enrolled immediately and so did a couple in my class. For the ones who didn't find jobs, it was something to do and tell prospective employers that you were doing. I was fortunate enough to find a job and I think they were impressed that I was doing it so soon.
- Mar 4 by chucksterQuote from mee9mee9Enrolled 6 months after passing the NCLEX.have you ever enrolled in an RN-to-BSN program right after ADN school?
Quote from mee9mee9Not really - there is an enormous oversupply of RN's in my region, and in fact in most major urban/suburban areas in the US. Positions for new hires, ADN through MSN, are difficult to come by and the real discriminator in getting a job is experience: Most hospitals and increasingly, even LTC's, now require both a BSN and 1 to 2 years of nursing experience for hiring consideration.did it help you employment prospects or were you able to be considered for a job?
- Mar 4 by mee9mee9is cna/pct/ nurse tech considered experience?
- Mar 5 by chucksterQuote from mee9mee9Generally not for an RN position however, the experience is valuable in other ways. For example, if you are working as a CNA or PCT while attending nursing school, there is a good chance that the institution will hire you as an RN after passing the NCLEX. Nearly every one of my classmates who were already working as CNA/PCT's got nursing jobs post-graduation at the hospitals they were employed at.is cna/pct/ nurse tech considered experience?
- Mar 5 by Aurora77I got my job while I was in the process of enrolling. I got my job based on the fact that I did clinicals and my final preceptorship on the floor I was applying for. I knew I needed to go back for my BSN so I wanted to start right away. It was hard enough to go back for nursing school (this is my second career) so I didn't want any excuses to wait.
- Mar 5 by mee9mee9even magnet hospitals?