When do you usually finish your tests?Register Today!
- by bluesky94 Sep 19Quick question:
"When do you usually finish your tests?"
When you take a test, are you one of the first people to finish and leave the room, or are you one of the ones who uses the entire testing time to make sure that you've done it right? And how is it working for you?
I know for me, I like to use the entire testing time to check (and then recheck) my answers. I'm always afraid that I'll fill in the wrong circle on the Scantron and miss that question! I'm usually one of the last people to leave the room after a test, but so far it seems to be working for me. I know that if I rush I'll mess up or make a simple mistake. My first A&P 1 test is Tuesday, and I'm sure that I'll be one of the last ones to leave after the test. But that's just me, how about you?
- Sep 19 by bluesky94That's great!
- Sep 19 by lorirn2bYour tests will be timed in the nursing program and we can't backtrack. It's on the computer, and we get about one minute and fifteen seconds per question. PRESSURE!!!!!!
- Sep 19 by queseraseraI'm always the first one out the door. I am really terrible with second guessing myself so my approach is I either know it or I don't and I can't go back to check. I have failed tests before where I had all the right answers and changed them because I lost confidence in myself.
This is DEFINITELY NOT THE RIGHT APPROACH FOR EVERYONE.
One girl in my A&P II class actually came in early to take the tests because I gave her anxiety because I was done so fast. It just works for me.
- Sep 19 by HeathermaizeyI am usually in the middle. I go through everything and mark my answers then double check to make sure I didn't do anything dumb. I don't second guess my answers. I just make sure that I didn't miss one or get anything mixed up. It's worked for me so far. I have a 4.0 GPA and all A's so far this semester.
- Sep 19 by fureliteDepends on the class and subject matter. If it is math, or a complex subject with questions that are wordy in a tricky manner, I am usually last. I have saved myself at least a couple of times by reworking calculations and finding that I did something wrong. If the subject matter is straight forward, I am first.
- Sep 19 by bluesky94I also don't second guess or change my answers. When I go back to double check usually it's because I want to make sure I didn't miss anything. It would be nice if I could take a test and be done really quickly, but I know it just wouldn't work for me. So if I'm given 1 hour and 15 minutes to take a test, I'll use as much of it as I can. So far it's worked for me, I have a 4.0 GPA
Thanks for the comments!
- Sep 19 by sarahd333I'm usually somewhere in the middle. When I was in elementary school, I thought you got extra points for finishing quickly :P now, I answer every question, but I put a small mark next to the questions I'm not a hundred percent sure of. When I go back to recheck my answers, I check them all. But the ones I knew were right I just checked that I marked the right area, and the ones I wasn't sure on I'll spend a little extra time on. Usually works for me