Summer Microbiology Online Course at OCCRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Summer Microbiology Online Course at OCC in Pre-Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... I just found out that Ocean County College has opened another completely online microbiology course...by cathyjac May 4, '11I just found out that Ocean County College has opened another completely online microbiology course in their Summer 10 week semester starting May 23 2011. You need to buy a microscope with and oil immersion lens and an MBK LabPaq but considering what gas costs, its a wash.
This course is the 4th section to open and it fills quickly. I am just finishing the spring course and I have an A in the bag. The professor is a dream and I just loved the course. I learned so much.
They also have Anatomy and Physiology courses as well that my friends took. Its a great way to get your science prerequisites out of the way and still enjoy your summer.
Try it you will like it.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=561305©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 8,506 Views
- May 4, '11 by SMOKEY2112So you don't need a proctor for any of the tests? Do you know if they let you pay with a payment plan or have to pay it all at once?
- May 4, '11 by JustBeachyNurseThere is not a payment plan for their summer classes, only for fall and spring semesters for students enrolled in 6 or more credit hours.
Ocean county College adopted a full payment required at time of registration policy several years ago. There is a required purchase of the lab kit ($299) including microscope from the specified vendor. (In addition to the tuition, fees, and $100 distance learning/course fee)
- May 5, '11 by SMOKEY2112Thanks for the info hon!
- May 5, '11 by whymeagainandagainDear Cathyjac,
I am interested in buying the MBK LabPaq for microbiology from you if you want to sell it. I would also appreciate the answers to the lab manual.
Please let me know.
- May 6, '11 by JustBeachyNurseJust as an FYI, the college receives a list of who purchases the lab kits, if you don't purchase the new kit (and you need to to get the one time use supplies) the college will administratively drop you from the course. (I know someone this happened to, they tried to use a kit from another student.)
From Ocean County College:
"ABOUT LAB KITS
If your course has the requirement of a LABPAQ Kit, you are required to purchase a new LabPaq kit for this course within 10 days of the official beginning of this course.
The manufacturers of LabPaq will send a list of students who have purchased the pack to the instructors.
If you have not purchased a pack from LabPaq, your name will not be on the list and you will be administratively removed from the course.
Employing a used kit or sharing a new individual kit with another student(s) is not acceptable and you will also be administratively removed from the course.
Attention: LAB KITS from LAB PAQ can only be returned if unopened."
- May 7, '11 by quirckyCathyjac,
Sounds as if this would be great for the summer. Just what I needed.
Is there a course website for this microbiology online course?
- May 7, '11 by JustBeachyNurseHere's the school site for registration for summer courses:
This is the information regarding lab packs and text books:
The course site & syllabus aren't posted until right before the courses start.
- May 7, '11 by CNM2B201?EDUKAN also offers an online microbiology course for 125 a credit, no proctor, and you dont have to buy a lab kit/or microscope. Instead you download a virtual lab (15 bucks) which is actually really neat. makes you perform the same activities you would in a real lab and interpreting results and figuring out which tests are appropriate.
- May 8, '11 by SMOKEY2112Quote from CNM2B201?I thought at EDUKAN there was a proctor for the final? Those that have taken the class at EDUKAN, how is the final?? Difficult, not as bad as you thought?EDUKAN also offers an online microbiology course for 125 a credit, no proctor, and you dont have to buy a lab kit/or microscope. Instead you download a virtual lab (15 bucks) which is actually really neat. makes you perform the same activities you would in a real lab and interpreting results and figuring out which tests are appropriate.