Summer Microbiology Online Course at Ocean County CollegeRegister Today!
- by Jersey Nursing Girl Feb 28, '09take microbiology totally online at ocean county college this summer. occ offers two online courses, one in summer first five week may18 - june 23 2009 and the other in summer second five week june 24 - july 28, 2009. i am taking it now and it is wonderful. the instructor is the best!
the labs are taught totally online with a labpaq and a microscope that arrives at your front door. if you get stuck he actually will call you up and go over things with you on the phone! it’s the best course i have ever taken. it is just the right amount of work. my kids have a blast helping me with the labs.
here is the website for the biol 232 microbiology dl course:
call 732 255-0304 to register.
you will not be disappointed!
jersey nursing girlLast edit by tnbutterfly on Apr 4, '09 : Reason: Terms of Service re. names
- Apr 23, '09 by msdeannahOk so I though this was great. But maybe I'm crazy, the total for the tuition and lab material are close to $1400.00 Am I reading that right?
- Apr 23, '09 by Jersey Nursing Girlmsdeannah,
here is the reply that i sent to your other post. you may find cheaper, you may not find better. i think its more than worth it!
i still think its a bargain!
i think you are right about the cost for an out-of-state student. its about $900+ for tuition and fees for a 4 credit science course and about ~ $500 for book, microscope and labpaq. most of the schools who offer online science courses with the lab use labpaqs from hands-on labs, inc. in colorado. they all go for the same price.
thats going to run you close to $500 no matter where you go.
i see you are from connecticut. at one of your less expensive state universities (wcsu) instate tuition is $360.00 per credit hour plus $50.00 online fee. thats not the out-of-state rate!!
it costs me at least $400 in gasoline just to commute to school in a given semester. the advantage of taking the online science (microbiology) when i want and where i want with an outstanding professor is "priceless." i have kids and work nearly full time. it is worth the extra money to me. i actually bought the digital eye piece for my microscope for $59. it made doing the labs so easy! i could snap a picture of what i was looking at and send it with the lab report.
i am just about finished with my microbiology online course at ocean county college and i think i have an "a" in the bank. time is money to me. i do not have a lot of time. so this really works for me. it is more than worth it! i still love the online microbiology course and highly recommend it! even if you have to pay the out-of-state differential, i think it is worth it. its the best online course i have ever taken!
the second five week has closed. you can still get into the first five weelk that begins may 18th.
still in love with it,
jersey nursing girl
- Apr 28, '09 by blue4thebeachDoes anyone know if LA County DHS ADN program or Moorpark College will accept this class as transferable? Both are in Southern California (Los Angeles area)... Need to know before I move forward with registration.
- Apr 28, '09 by blue4thebeachHeads up - Moorpark College in California has decided that this is NOT transferable because of the online LAB. There are certain lab techniques and safety issues that they feel can not be taught online. I'm expecting the same from other Southern California nursing schools.
- May 13, '09 by mbt14Hi I am thinking about taking the online class at OCC-
Is it possible to buy a used LAbPaq from someone that has taken the class??? Or does each person have to buy a new one?
- Jun 2, '09 by podmates7I wrote to ask if these are 4 semester hour credits or some strange thing called 1/4? hours that we don't have out here in the NE.
How about written research paper assignments - how many of them?
I hope the class is offered next summer!
- Jun 3, '09 by TiffanyLovesPinkWhat is the teachers name? I won't be taking micro for at least another semester but I would love to know the name of a good teacher.
- Jun 18, '09 by goal seekerI am currently finishing up my microbiology at Rio Salado College in AZ (on-line). It is the hardest class I have ever experienced. I believe I am going to have to take it over. I have my final proctored on 2 Jul. Is the teacher Dr. *** *****?Last edit by tnbutterfly on Jun 21, '09 : Reason: Please do not post names
- Jun 19, '09 by podmates7Yes, it's Prof. ***** full for the Fall - so we'll need to wait until spring and then if only there are spaces left after Ocean registers.Last edit by tnbutterfly on Jun 21, '09 : Reason: Please do not post names