A&P 2 class after taking Hesi
- 0So I sat down with the student advisor to look over classes for my pre- req classes. She insisted I should take intro to a&p my first semester than for the second semester i should take microbiology and then next summer i should take advanced a&p. Here is where i am concerned..she says i can petition for the hesi in the spring (before taking the advanced a&p)...is that a safe move or is that not recommended???
- 0Apr 2, '13 by Sparrow91I took my entrance HESI when I was 3/4 of the way through A&P 1 and I got a 87 (75 was considered passing) so unless things have changed in the last 2 years since I took it you should be fine. However I personally do not like the idea of having a gap between A&P1 and A&P2. Is there a reason why you have to stager the classes like that?
- 0Apr 2, '13 by EverlineI took the HESI when I was at the end of A&P II. I know there are people who took it after A&P I and did just fine. I found the A&P section on the HESI to be rather random. As stated by Sparrow, I would not have liked a gap between A&P semesters. I'm not sure why you are being advised to do that. There may be some good reason for it?
- 0Apr 2, '13 by EverlineBut why didn't she suggest taking A&P I, then A&P II, then micro? Is microbiology a pre-req for A&P II at your school?
Micro and A&P II together is doable. I wouldn't have chosen to do that. But people have managed it successfully. How much study time can you manage? That's really what you have to ask yourself.
- 0Apr 2, '13 by Sparrow91I am guessing that they do not offer Micro in the summer. A&P2 and Micro can be doable but they are both tough science classes! Do A&P1 and see how you fair, if you do well and are strong in it you can talk to your advisor about doing them both, other wise I guess I would stick with your advisors plan. Good Luck to you!