Missing 1 day of a&p 1 class during the summer and still get an ARegister Today!
This is a discussion on Missing 1 day of a&p 1 class during the summer and still get an A in Pre-Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... I plan on taking a&p 1 during the summer, but I will miss one day of class due to an already...by smyleeRN2b Feb 11I plan on taking a&p 1 during the summer, but I will miss one day of class due to an already planned/booked cruise. Will I miss a lot by missing one day, since this is a fast paced summer class? I really don't want to fall behind by missing a day. Has anyone missed one day and still got an a in the class? Thanks!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=814991©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,075 Views
- Feb 12 by venusnscrubsHow long is the class? At my school, they offer 5.5 week courses and 12 week courses during the summer.
- Feb 12 by hodgieRNSure...it all depends on how to do on the test. You just have to make sure that you are aware of what they cover and that you make yourself study everything that was covered on that day. If you miss a class, you have to really read the sections in the book. See if you can get notes from that day. If there are things that you don't understand, see if the instructor can explain some things during office hours or get some help from a tutor. Just make sure you get caught up as soon as possible.
- Feb 12 by smyleeRN2bThanks for your replies. The class is 6 weeks.
- Feb 12 by Miiki✿As long as the day you miss isn't a test and you're able to get any missed work from classmates, you should be fine.
- Feb 12 by venusnscrubsThe six week courses are rough. However, it's doable. Talk to a classmate. They might be able to record lecture on that day (using a digital recorder or phone) and send it to you via email.
- Feb 12 by adoRNo2b2015At my school classes are 5 weeks long and meet once a week. If you miss one day you're already down to a B. make sure this is not the case at your school.
- Feb 13 by Chelsea13If it's the first day of class just talk to your professor before ask what you'll be going over and learn it on your own. You'll have to do it this way so your not behind on day 2. The secret to condensed classes is making sure you're always on top of or ahead of what's being talked about in class.
- Feb 14 by jvanwomanI actually missed my first class of AP2 because of being on a cruise last year. I was a little confused on the subject matter covered but mainly it was syllabus stuff and class overview. I got an A in the class.
- Feb 14 by smyleeRN2bQuote from jvanwomanThat's for sharing ur experience! I really appreciate it.I actually missed my first class of AP2 because of being on a cruise last year. I was a little confused on the subject matter covered but mainly it was syllabus stuff and class overview. I got an A in the class.