I didnt do so good in highschoolRegister Today!
- by keya86tiff Feb 26My grades wasn't so good in highschool but my college gpa is now a 3.8 I finish all my general courses & working on my pre-reqs next semester do I still have a chance of getting into the program?
- Feb 26 by BandYes why not?
- Feb 26 by keya86tiffNo because I didn't have good grades in highschool & most nursing school ask for you highschool transcript just wanting to follow other people & now it caught up to me in the long run! I wish I would of listened LOL but I will keep striving for a 4.0 in all my pre reqs
- Feb 27 by StephalumpI don't think I've ever heard of a nursing program requesting high school transcripts unless you were entering straight out of high school?
- Feb 27 by queseraseraI dropped out of high school, and I'm doing just fine. I just interviewed with my nursing school of choice (more of an info interview, not the actual application interview.) They said they didn't care as long as I had my GED and good college grades.
- Feb 27 by maddiemThe only reason a nursing school would ask for your high school transcripts is to verify that you graduated. High school course work is irrelevant once you've taken all your prerequisite courses in college.
- Feb 27 by DeBerhamI failed several classes in high school and was very close to not graduating (had to take summer courses between my junior and senior year). I went into the military, was given some discipline that was sorely needed, pulled my s*** together, went back to college and received good grades. I got into a bachelors of nursing program and am now working on my masters. I was young, foolish, made a LOT of mistakes, and if anyone asked me I would admit as much. The grades that you have earned in college should redeem whatever mistakes you made in high school. If your school asks you explain how you've changed since then and that your grades reflect that.
- Feb 27 by keya86tiffGood I feel so much better...thanks everyone it had me scared I thought they looked at ur grades! I guess there are always second chances I just gotta keep my grades up & I will be just fine! Can't wait to apply 2014 I'm ready to get in its really stressful it's taking forever LOL good luck to everyone!
- Feb 27 by KatieerinMy college also requests transcripts. I dropped out and got my GED. My advisor knows this who is over the nursing program. I see her once a semester and she doesn't seem concerned. Maybe you should speak to someone over the nursing program to ease your nerves a little.
- Feb 27 by MedChicaNo one cares what you did in high-school 6 months after graduating from it.
In the meantime, you have a 3.8 gpa on college-level courses. That trumps whatever you didn't do in high-school.
If anything it makes you look good. A sign that you've buckled down and are coming into your own as a young adult.