I DID IT!!!!!! - page 2
by Nurse2b7337 3,908 Views | 55 Comments
Well peers I've done it; I submitted my application to a nursing program today. I've been a member on this thread for about two years. I've read countless threads about people who have gone down this same road. Oh how I've wanted... Read More
- 1Jan 2, '13 by Boxer MamaThe program I would like to attend does not start accepting applications until Feb 15th for the October 2013 start, so I have about six more weeks to go! I have the entire application filled out, and I am waiting until February 14th to drop it in the mail and then wait until May, I think, to see if I move on for interviews. But, in the meantime, I get to fill my time with college algebra and statistics! Good luck to everyone!
- 2Jan 2, '13 by brenayQuote from Nurse2b7337Thank you so much Nurse2b7337! I support ya'll too!!!! We will be accepted! I claim it!!!!X-factor I feel you!!! I'm the same way lets encourage each other throughout the semester. Brenay....I wish you the best with yr load this semester. The classes you're taking will be a challenge...but isn't that what life is about!!! You can do it!! We support you!Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com
- 0Jan 3, '13 by Boxer MamaI might be crazy, but I am taking them in the same semester along with nutrition. Those are my last classes, and I want to have the summer free or maybe take patho to lighten up my first quarter in school. I am very lucky and do not have to work (unless you consider my 3 kids work), so I am making school my "job."
- 1Jan 3, '13 by x_factorI have a back-up plan if I'm not accepted for fall, but it includes taking an extra semester to complete additional pre-reqs that would be required for the other school, and it'd be a BSN program. If I'm not accepted for fall, I'll take the additional pre-reqs in the fall and apply to the BSN program for spring admission.
BUT, I started out at this community college where I am at with the intention of being admitted into their ADN program which has a great reputation, so that is my goal and I have my eye on the prize!
- 0X_factor my pan is a bachelor's program as well. The thing is its tons more expensive than the ADN route. The reason why is because its a private college. My teas scores are not high enough for the non-private schools near me. The ADN school I've applied to has a great rep as well. The local hospitals all have great this to say about the nursing students. I also have a girlfriend who started last semester so that gives me an advantage. She informs me of what I have to look forward to.
- 0Jan 3, '13 by brenayQuote from Nurse2b7337Yes, I have a backup plan. Lol I hope I won't need it either!! Well the two schools that I applied to are BSN programs. I pray I get into at least one of them. If not, (but hopefully I will) my back up plan is respiratory therapy. I am going to apply to the respiratory therapy program at my school. It's really competitive. Whatever happens, in the end I will be making an extraordinary difference in the lives of people I meet. Wherever GOD leads, I will follow.I love that Brenay!!! I claimed it too when I clicked submit on the application!!! I have a backup plan if I'm not accepted. Do you??? Although, I hope I won't need one.
- 0Jan 3, '13 by Boxer MamaQuote from Nurse2b7337My kids are 7, 9 and 4, but they are all about to have birthdays. Plus, I have a 4.5-month-old puppy who takes up an amazing amount of time as well, but she is such a sweet girl! It is very much a blessing to not have to work. I do a little work as a medical transcriptionist from home, but the more credits I take, the less I work. My plan has always been to start nursing school when my daughter enters kindergarten, which I cannot believe is happening so soon!You're not crazy....just brave!!! What are the ages of yr kids;if I may ask? That is a blessing not to have to work. I don't either and I have a total of four but three that are in the house with me. My oldest is 19,16,14 and 9!! OAN: the hubs!!