How long were your pre-reqs?
- 0Nov 8, '13 by SassenachI have two years of pre-reqs before entering a two year nursing program. I'll come out of it with two Associate Degrees. Were everyone else's pre-reqs that long? It's like 57 units you have to complete and then if I pick up another class I will receive two degrees.
- 0Nov 8, '13 by memphismomThe ADN program just requires A&P 1,2, and Micro to be accepted into the nursing program. Then there are about 4 or 5 other classes which you can either take with the NURS classes or you can take them before/during summers/etc.
The BSN program requires A&P 1/2, Micro, Psych, Nutrition, Eng 1/2, ans stats to enter the program. But you must complete the rest of your gen ed requirents (about 13-15 unites) before the last semester in order to graduate.
- 0Nov 8, '13 by EverlineThe ADN program I attend requires 24 credits of pre-reqs, seven of which you can do as co-reqs. But who wants to do that? I have a previous degree, so some of mine were done. (I was so happy that I stuck it out with that statistics course in undergrad!) I had 15 credits to complete, which I did in three semesters. I could have done it in two. I just didn't want to, lol. Our program lasts five semesters, so all in all, it will have taken me 8 semesters to finish.
- 0Nov 8, '13 by emyajAt my school, there are 7 pre-reqs. English composition, lifespan psych (pre-req: psych 100), intro to chem, microbiology (pre-req: intro to biology), A&P 1 and A&P 2, statistics (if tested into college level.. I didn't, so I had to take some remedial math classes), and then a "strongly recommended" class, cross cultural medicine. Also, it is required to hold a CNA at time of application, so there is that class, too.
I will be applying in spring of 2015, so I have just around 1.5 years left of pre-reqs. This is because I will be taking only 1-2 pre-reqs per quarter. So, it will probably be right about 2-3 years total in working on pre-reqs.
- 0Nov 8, '13 by SassenachHoly cow! My program requires so many pre-requisites. I just wish it wasn't so long. Especially seeing so many with so few. I'm nearing the end of my first semester. I did really well in all of my classes. Currently have an A in all of them. Two are even A+. I just can't wait to get to the nursing program!
- 0Nov 9, '13 by Marsha238612I finished my prereqs in 4 semesters, I have 72 credits I believe, and I'm currently expecting a response from the nursing school of my choice to start this January. So stoked, and anxious.
It took me only one year for my prereqs because I started in the summer 2012, and finished the summer of this year
Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com