Help with transcript requestsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Help with transcript requests in Pre-Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... Hi, I'm having some difficulties on figuring out how long it should take for transcripts as well...by jh408 Dec 26, '12Hi,
I'm having some difficulties on figuring out how long it should take for transcripts as well as HESI A2 scores to be sent out and processed.
I sent a transcript electronically to UTHSC-at Houston on Dec 12th and paid for it on the 17th from UH-main campus, but my application is still showing that it is not yet received at the school. I also sent and paid Evolve Elsevier to send my HESI A2 scores to them on Dec 14th and those are not shown to be in yet either.
I have already contacted them via email asking them about it, but they have yet to respond back. Should I call the school to ask about it?
I have also sent out transcripts from UofH to NursingCAS and HBU; but by fax...Does anyone know how long UH takes to process transcripts, perhaps?
Thank you so much for helping if you can.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=804339©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 472 Views
- Dec 26, '12 by SopranoKrisMost schools take any where from 4 to 6 weeks to process transcripts. You also need to remember there is probably no work being done during the holiday break as well. It's only been a few weeks. I wouldn't expect them to have it done so quickly.
- Dec 26, '12 by jh408Okay, thank you for the information! I'm quite anxious about it since UTHSC's deadline is January 15...which I guess is still about 3 weeks away. Anyways, thanks for helping!
- Dec 26, '12 by Shorty11I agree with a previous poster: I would allow at least 4-6 weeks. Although it could be faster. It also could take a little longer than that because of the holidays. My school asked us to request transcripts 8 weeks in advance to be safe. Certain times of the year ( i.e. end/beginning of fall & spring semesters) are high demand times for requests for transcripts so that could also delay the process.
- Dec 31, '12 by jh408Quote from Shorty11So I got a call back from a lady at the registrar's office and she said they had my transcript but it was considered incomplete because of grades not posted yet. I asked her if I should send another one and she said yes. However, I am also enrolled in classes for spring and those grades will not be there since classes have not yet started. Will my transcript still be considered incomplete because I am enrolled in spring semester? I just sent another transcript to them electronically. Will they still review my application if my transcript is incomplete? Both times I requested an official transcript request to be sent so I don't understand what she meant by they will only review an official transcript request.I agree with a previous poster: I would allow at least 4-6 weeks. Although it could be faster. It also could take a little longer than that because of the holidays. My school asked us to request transcripts 8 weeks in advance to be safe. Certain times of the year ( i.e. end/beginning of fall & spring semesters) are high demand times for requests for transcripts so that could also delay the process.
Also, have not gotten back about my hesi scores yet since they are out of their offices until wednesday.
- Jan 4 by Shorty11I believe that your transcript was considered incomplete because at the time the transcript was received your fall semester classes were still IN PROGRESS. Final semester grades had not been posted yet and were therefore not on your transcript. I think you should send another transcript now that the fall semester has completed. Final grades for fall should then be on your transcript and it should no longer be considered incomplete for those courses. Has your spring semester started yet? If not, since those classes are not in progress yet, they should not appear on your transcript at this point. Yes, you have already enrolled but if the semester hasn't started those classes should not be on your transcript because they are not currently in progress. As for the question of official transcripts, I am not sure what you mean. If you requested official transcripts to be sent, that's what should be sent. Maybe you should call back to get these things clarified as much as possible before preceding. Best of luck! Sorry if this isn't much help.
- Jan 4 by jh408Yes yes, it actually did help a bit. I went ahead and sent in another one with all my fall grades on it. Someone else had told me that it would be incomplete if spring classes had started or if you're enrolled in them, but it would not affect my application status. I am, however, still trying to see if my HESI A2 scores have arrived yet since I requested that the testing center send them. So I am hoping someone calls me back on that today.
Thank you so much for helping again!