Fall 2012 Microbiology Students -- STAND UP! - Page 26Register Today!
- Dec 4, '12 by carakristin1Hello Micro friends! I still have time to do an extra credit paper, and even though I've got an A right now, I figure some cushion is always good to build. Could I get some help with coming up with topics?
Basically, we are supposed to ask and answer a question that somehow relates to what we've learned in the class. I am having the darndest time coming up with an actual question, even though there are topics I'm curious about. Here's a list of some of the ideas I had:
-arguments for/against antibacterial products
-link between viruses and cancers (e.g., HPV and cervical cancer)
-the recent story about the little daschund who was able to walk again after transplanting cells from another part of his body (from his nose, I think?) to his spine; I feel like it's relevant to some of the things we touched on (albeit briefly) during genetics
So, what do you all want to know more about? Just looking for some more ideas, or refinements on the ones above.
In other news, the practical is Thursday, and the final is Tuesday. ALMOST THERE!
- Dec 5, '12 by Boxer MamaQuote from MamaKateCongrats!!!!! I took my lab final today, not sure when we will get the results. But, final grades are due next Wednesday, so I guess I will know in a week. I now have my comprehensive lecture final on Monday!100 on my lab practical final
All that's left is the final covering the last three chapters and a movie we watched after the practical.
- Dec 5, '12 by KatsmeowI was surprised I did that well. My daughter has been keeping me very busy lately and made it difficult to get any study time in.
- Dec 5, '12 by Nurse2b7337Great job Mamakate!!!!
Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com
- Dec 5, '12 by nanerz13I'm standing.
Comprehensive final on Tuesday but we get to use one 8X11 cheat sheet. *sigh of relief* I'm going to get an A in the class. Glad it's almost over and I finally get to apply to my program in January!
- Dec 6, '12 by sweetfI got a 92% on my written/practical(50 questions for the practical portion and 50 question multiple choice test) I got a 97% average in lab. Now I need to study for lecture I have to get a 90 on the final to make an A in the class. Any good websites or study strategies??
- Dec 6, '12 by EMT89Calculated my grade and it is now B. It is barely a B, and I don't think I did as well on my Micro lab practical which could change the B. I had my last lecture test until final. Everyone including myself left the test early. We don't know if that's a good or bad thing. We aren't saying anything until we get the grade! Having a lecture test and lab practical in one day is way too much ugh.
- Dec 6, '12 by Blue Felt FedoraLab is finished -- determined my unknown and submitted my case study. Now is the wait for the grades to post. We also had our final lecture in lecture today. Comprehensive final (100 questions -- 70 multiple choice, 30 short answer) is next Thursday. I'll be filling in and studying my review for the next week.
I can't believe I'm almost finally done!