Fall 2012 Microbiology Students -- STAND UP! - page 22
by Blue Felt Fedora 24,912 Views | 294 Comments
Since we had these threads when I was in A&P I and II, and I thought I'd start one for Microbiology. Anybody else delving into the world of bacteria and viruses this fall? Let's start a support thread! Let's share our victories... Read More
- 0Nov 6, '12 by LVN/RNBridgeQuote from kmillersocalOn my iPhone, so please excuse the typos:-(Studying microbial metabolism. Have to do my quiz on this one this week. The stressor is that we also have a quiz on microbial growth and the control of microbial growth along with 3 labs and postings all due by Sunday, then a midterm next Wednesday.:-(
- 0Nov 9, '12 by SopranoKrisQuote from KimynurseGlad that you came through Sandy in one piece I lived in FL during Hurricane Andrew and it was awful. I feel for you! The worst part is all your familiar landmarks (e.g. trees, street signs, etc.) are all gone so it makes you feel disoriented for a while.Good luck, we go back tonight after school
Being closed because of Sandy for a week.
We have a test that I'm not at all prepared for.
Hopefully, your professors will be understanding since everyone just went through a traumatic event
Best wishes on your test
- 1Nov 13, '12 by Blue Felt FedoraWe're in the home stretch! One lab left before our written final (the Tuesday after Thanksgiving), and then we have the following four labs for our unknowns.
As for lecture, we have one more test and the final. December 7th is the official last day of the semester. I can't believe we're so close! Once I finish this class and this semester, it's time for me to start studying for the Kaplan entrance exam.
- 0Nov 14, '12 by SopranoKrisOne more lecture exam exam to go...yay! Started Unknowns in lab today. I was able to guess which bacterium I have for sample A just by the color. The only time we had it was in the very first test at the beginning of the semester. Kind of a give-away...S. marcesens) Won't know until Monday what I've got in sample B. Love solving mysteries, so I'm really liking this project
- 0Nov 14, '12 by Blue Felt FedoraQuote from dsb_famI bought the book, but apparently its usefulness is debatable. Luckily, the wonderful woman from the program sent me a study guide. I'll be using that to figure out what to study in the Kaplan book and studying the physiology portion of A&P II. What about you?Ladylynn6, I am also going to start studying for the Kaplan. What is your game plan for that beast of a test?
- 0Nov 16, '12 by LVN/RNBridgeQuote from KimynurseWow, our test on chemistry,cellular respiration, DNA was ridiculously hard, most of the information didn't come from book, notes or power point.
I'm happy it's over 3 down 3 to go, plus the unknown.
Not cool to get tests that you can't truly prepare for:-( at least you only have 3 more to go:-)
I have 4 more unit quizzes, 4 labs, and a final. Whoop whoop!!