Fall 2012 Microbiology Students -- STAND UP! - page 11
by Blue Felt Fedora | 25,320 Views | 294 Comments
Since we had these threads when I was in A&P I and II, and I thought I'd start one for Microbiology. Anybody else delving into the world of bacteria and viruses this fall? Let's start a support thread! Let's share our victories... Read More
- 0Sep 18, '12 by KristinaTMy first quiz I looked over my notes and read the chapter and walked away with a 65%. That was a kick in the butt so for the quiz I took today I buckled down and spent probably 15+ hours this weekend studying: reading/taking notes from book, rechecking class notes, making flashcards, and doing quizzes online. Today I took the quiz and got a 90%. Much better, but I did make one stupid mistake and it could have been a 95--coulda woulda shoulda. The big test is Wednesday, going to go back over all flashcards and reread the 1st chapter and study microscopes. I need an A.........but before I can do all of that I have to do my Organic Chemistry work!! This semester is killing me.
- 0Sep 18, '12 by CLoGreenEyesThis class isn't occupying enough of my time! Haha, I have the most boring job in the world, and my manager is kind enough to let me sneak in the books when I want to study, but it's not quite taking up all 40 hours per week. However, we have just mostly been going over the very basic stuff - history of microbiology, taxonomy, a quick review of the Chem class I took over the summer, and some stuff about water and pH. Our first exam is tonight, so hopefully I don't eat my words...
Lab is good so far. I'm still not the best with the microscope, but I'm getting better! And I am no longer terrified that I will set something on fire with the bunsen burner.
- 0Sep 18, '12 by RunnerRN2b2014We had our first lecture exam yesterday (chapters 1,2,4,5, and 7) and I got a 94%. Happy about that! I definitely don't need to study as much as I did for A&P. I have a 100% so far in lab (1 quiz and several pre-lab checks). We have our first lab exam Thursday so that's what I'm studying for today.
Good luck to those with tests this week!
- 0Sep 18, '12 by SopranoKrisHad our first lab exam on Monday. Our prof was supposed to give us back our lecture exams today, but said he hadn't finished grading them. So we won't know our lecture exam scores until Thursday. We should have our lab exams back tomorrow. I'll be interested to see what I get on them. He really likes to put essay questions on his tests, which I don't particularly like. We're doing staining tomorrow, which is always fun
- 2Sep 19, '12 by SopranoKrisGot our lab exams back today....100%!!! Woo hoo!!!
Still waiting to get our lecture exams back. I don't think I did as well on that one. I know I missed 3 questions for sure. Hoping the essay questions will keep my grade up. Fingers crossed...