Fall of '10 Here We Come!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Fall of '10 Here We Come! in Pre-Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... Well my study buddies and I are entering our junior year of nursing school (Whoo Hoo!:)). While I...by Sarah'sRN'12-2b Jul 28, '10Well my study buddies and I are entering our junior year of nursing school (Whoo Hoo!). While I know that this will be a trying, and exhausting semester in nursing school... I honestly believe we are ready for it. While I have heard that one can never truly prepare for the demons of med-surg and patho...I know that we will have to beat these demons in order to reach our ultimate destinations. I like to have fun and choose not to walk around with a morose expression on my face. I will not... repeat,...will not walk into these classes feeling defeated. It will be a challenge, but isnt nursing school a challenge in itself? I can not recall one piece of this process being a walk in the park. Thus far, everything that I have done as preperation to get into N-school and to stay in N-school has required me to give my whole self; Late nights studying, acquiring the taste for coffee (I never use to drink it!), early AM reviews before exams , and then coming home crashing in my bed after exams...is ultimately gonna get me to where I want to be. Lord Willing! So...I wanna say congrats in advance to my classmates! Hard work always pays off!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=494456©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 681 Views
- Jul 28, '10 by cjcsoon2brnI know what you mean, I'm a senior level BSN student and I am really excited about the upcoming year. I want to learn everything that I can but I also really want to get this over so that I can just graduate and start working full time. Glad to know someone else is just as excited as I am.
- Jul 28, '10 by Sarah010101good for you!!! Im assuming it is your first year!? I remember feeling SOOO excited to start. Now im half way through second year and im just iching to get out there and start working. And yes nursing school is intense.. mostly emotionally intense though. You forget how much your cherised sleep and the feeling of being stress free. BUTT, it is awesome and i don't think i would trade one of those nights crying on the phone with another classmate about patho, or trembling when speaking to a physician on the phone for the first time asking for an order for gravol
Im excited for you
- Jul 28, '10 by 6mostogoYAY!
Just passed my final Med-Surg exam today! Getting an A in the class, woo-hoo!
This fall is my final semester of the ASN program, graduating in December. I'm ready!
Good Luck in your classes this term.
- Jul 28, '10 by Selene006Quote from Sarah'sRN'12I agree with you! I will be a senior this fall (BSN program) and I can't wait to be finished with the late-night study sessions and occasional anxiety-provoking HESI exams! Good luck to all! We can do it!I will not... repeat,...will not walk into these classes feeling defeated. It will be a challenge, but isnt nursing school a challenge in itself? I can not recall one piece of this process being a walk in the park. Thus far, everything that I have done as preperation to get into N-school and to stay in N-school has required me to give my whole self;
- Jul 28, '10 by Sarah'sRN'12-2bthanks to everyone!
i truly believe that people dont understand how stressful nursing school is unless they have taken the walk also.
cjcsoon2brn- good luck to you! i know you have to be excited!! i cant waint until this time next year...i will be a senior! congrats.
sarahufvsn-i am a junior this year! nursing school is very emotionally testing. i cried like a baby last semester over a nursing course in which i knew i was going to fail. luckily for me i passed it with a "b"...but, i was so nervous because at my school if you fail you have to sit out for an entire year. i was so emotionally drained with this one class! like you, i realize how awesome this ride is; i would not trade this experience for anything.
6mostogorn-congrats! thanks for the good luck!...can i pick your brain? lol. you managed to get an a in med-surg? that is amazing! again, congrats on your upcoming graduation and that "a"!
selene006-yes we can!
- Jul 28, '10 by dscott76Woohooo!!!!!!Junior yr here we come. We have worked EXTREMELY hard to get to this point. I will be right with you studying late night and drinking way too much coffee. Our study group is "the absolute best" and together we will pull this one out no problem. Yes it will be hard but we will succeed. Next year this time we will be seniors and on our way to graduation and it is all an awesome feeling that I wouldnt trade for the world.
- Jul 29, '10 by Sarah010101ahh i know what you mean.. i just finished my first pathophysiology course... and i pretty much psyched myself out going into that exam.. if i fail a course i have to WAIT to get back into a 2nd year class.. since at UFV we stay with the same 48 through the 4 years (except with the 3 year option we go through summer with only 15.. which is what i am doing). anyways.. I HOPE i passed.. i should find out next week..
but yes.. its pretty hard... today I had 2 patients, one going through alcohol withdrawal who had a temp of 39.2 and potassium 2.6... andd he was in liver failure.. the other was osteomylitis... heavy heavy day.. BUT I MADE IT THROUGH!!