Critical Thinking exam for nursing school entranceRegister Today!
- by madonnanurse Mar 4, '12Madonna University has just started using the critical thinking instead of the TEAS I was just nervous what was on the Critical thinking? I've looked everywhere and cant find anything on it. Everyone that has taken it doesn't know how to describe it so how am I supposed to know what to do?
- 3,606 Views
- Mar 11, '12 by madonnanurseyes i have and its really no help. it doesnt tell you anything. i just want an idea of what im going to be facing and how should i think about answering these questions.
- Mar 13, '12 by RNsRWeQuote from madonnanurseYou ask the nursing advisor at Madonna University.Madonna University has just started using the critical thinking instead of the TEAS I was just nervous what was on the Critical thinking? I've looked everywhere and cant find anything on it. Everyone that has taken it doesn't know how to describe it so how am I supposed to know what to do?
- Mar 13, '12 by NicholePC13We had to take that exam for my school too, and the TEAS. The test is 40 questions in 40 minutes, & it has nothing to do with academic based knowledge or nursing questions. It's more of a brain teaser type test with some questions that are incredibly easy, some that really make you think, and some you don't know what to think. It's.really not that bad. Pay attention to the wording and read carefully & you should be fine!
- I'm a nursing student at Madonna too. I'm taking the test next month. I will let you know how it goes. There are no resources at school, nor on ATI website. Unlike there were for the TEAS. I also have heard mixed reviews from students too. One girl I know said she thought she did great, but she totally failed. I am also distraught and very worried. Good luck!!
- Are they any resources online? I didn't see anything on the ATI website
- So there isn't really a way to study or prepare for it?
And btw the nursing advisors at Madonna, are not really that helpful.
- Jan 3 by boubiso did anyone take the ATI critical thinking test? im taking it this month and im really confused! please HELP
- Jan 3 by CountryMommaI took it.
There isn't really a way you can prep for it. It tests your ability to evaluate, retain, and recall information, as well as applying it to new problems. It also assesses your ability to judge your sources of information.
If you absolutely need to study for it (I know I didn't, and I am pretty sure the others in my class didn't either) I would say look for a book that explains logic and reasoning...a Critical Thinking book. We didn't use it as the entrance exam though, they used it to assess the individual student's skill level. Well, no one was kicked after taking it, so I believe they don't use it like that.
Take the full time, read the question twice, and give yourself a moment to really figure out what the question wants from you.