Anyone know about Maryville's FNP program? - Page 21Register Today!
- Sep 24, '12 by Jazzy*Waiiiitttt... So what is the total price for the FNP progam? 34,000? or is it really 44,000? Where did the extra 10,000 come from?
- Sep 24, '12 by nursegirl2001Well I don't know about the price increase except the financial Aid office states that it's due to the fact that the longer we're in school the more it costs which just doesn't seem right either because it should cost what they tell you....
- Sep 28, '12 by stepnurse01What has your courses at Maryville (FNP) been like so far? Any details?
- Sep 29, '12 by mrvlegovWe're just doing a theory class. Its time consuming and tedious but not hard and I like the format and the website etc. I have a good teacher though!
- Sep 29, '12 by nursegirl2001Yes as the previous poster stated currently I too am in a theory class which involves writing papers and group projects. I like the curriculum and the website setup. But this is not a fly-by-night degree. It takes dedication to complete the work as well as self discipline. We will keep you all posted.
- Sep 30, '12 by mrvlegovI also really like the 8 week format. It seems like in a class that's kind of boring (like the theory class) 8 weeks is pretty do-able and then you're onto something else.
- Oct 2, '12 by flamingopark2I thought that we can only get $20,000 per year for school in student loans...
- Oct 18, '12 by nursegirl2001@Patti_RN---Uh I don't think so.....the curriculum is the same just under a more prestigious name which is sheer nonsense. A fool and his/her money shall soon depart. You get what you get out of a program if you put in the time and dedication. You can graduate all day long from well-known institutions and still get out in the work world and make a fool out of yourself. I thank God for where I am. It is where He wanted me to be.
- Oct 18, '12 by nursegirl2001Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:11 PM
I don't know about you leaders there but hey I think that it is just terrible for RNs to be limited in their scopes of practice. We all know that the AMA is the governing body largley responsible for lobbying against us. The lives that have been lost due to the self-serving selfishness of other healthcare professionals groups and organizations has got to stop!!! We need to make our voices heard and petition for NP scope of practice uniformity across the entire nation. Below is a link for all who want uniformity laws to be implmented for NPs to sign so that when enough signiatures are realized they can be forwarded to congress for proposition for passing. We have to start somewhere !! I hope that everyone takes out the time to sign the petition as our futures depend on it !!!