Anyone applying to UAB MSN program? - Page 5Register Today!
- Feb 16, '11 by danapjmsnI recently sent my application in for UAB's ANP program/post masters certificate for Fall 2011. I also applied to USA and SLU, but UAB is my first pick. I'm glad to hear you've enjoyed the program so far. I spoke with the dean of the program and she was very informative, leaving me with a good feeling about the school and the program. So for now I just have to wait....Anyone else applying for fall 2011???
- Mar 1, '11 by luvleeeMy application for UAB MSN/CNS program has been completed for Fall 11 admission. They accepted my transcripts for the GRE Waiver.
Now, I will be twiddling my thumbs until I hear from them.
Anyone know when people usually start hearing about admissions for the Fall?
I've had my application submitting since late January, and finalized by the admissions board since Feb 22nd...
The application for Fall admission isn't due til May 27th.
I guess we're both early birds.
- Mar 21, '11 by CCRNDivaI received an email from an admissions advisor for the ACNP program that indicated my chances for admission are smaller because I'm not a resident of Alabama and they give preference to in-state residents. This was after I informed her that I'm a RN with 7 yrs experience and graduating on the dean's list with my BSN this May. I was surprised to hear that because that tidbit of info is not listed on their website. Has anybody esle heard of this rule/guideline? Has anybody been accepted while out of state?
Thanks so much!!
- Mar 21, '11 by calijazHey all!
Just submitted my application for Fall 2011 for FNP. I don't know I'm going to wait this long to hear back! I just really hope my GPA/experience are good enough to get in! I will have only 1 year of RN experience come May.
- Mar 21, '11 by erin801I am applying for Fall 2011 at UAB for FNP. I am thinking of taking classes this summer as a non-degree graduate student to get ahead. Has anyone else done this? Any advice on what classes to take ahead of time or any advice at all on UAB's program would be VERY appreciated!! Thanks
- Mar 21, '11 by calijazNice to meet you Erin! I actually am taking Research and Statistics right now as a nondegree student. I just applied as a nondegree nursing student through the graduate student apply now link. They contacted me like... the day after classes started that I got in. We are doing a group paper right now that is kind of challenging only because it is an online class, but the midterm and the material in general has been kind of basic. I'm hoping to get into another class in the summer maybe.
- Mar 27, '11 by erin801Is anyone here actually in the program or been in the program that would be willing to give me info on specific questions I have about the program? I would really really appreciate it! I am applying for Fall 2011 but am planning to get ahead and take classes this summer as a non-degree student. Any help at all would be SO GREAT!!
- Mar 27, '11 by erin801Calijaz- Thanks so much for writing me back! I would love to pick your brain about the class you are taking (so I am prepared for what I am getting myself into!) Would you be willing to email me or something? I would appreciate it so so so much!
- Mar 27, '11 by AnnaiyaI highly suggest taking patho before pharm. My schedule didn't work out this way and I took pharm first, but would have gotten a lot more out of it if I had had patho. Patho is a lot of work, so if you can take that by itself it would probably be a little better. Pharm, Role Development and Issues are all pretty easy as long as you do the work.
- Apr 12, '11 by bamaRN08Hi all! I applied for fall of 2011....the wait is killing me, I have had my app. in since December......I have heard that over 500 apply (yikes!). I am currently bridging through UAB, I am hoping this gives me a leg up, but I haven't found anything about any kind of preference for current students. Good luck to everyone!