Temple's New to Practice Program - Page 3Register Today!
- Jul 13, '12 by morningdewI just applied for their New to Practice program through their careers website. I actually stumbled upon it while applying for other positions. Not sure if they have the posting up anymore but it was job ID 10284.
I also emailed the Nurse Recruiter once I passed my NCLEX and was licensed, she gave me a call the next day to set up an interview.
- Jul 17, '12 by dbassiHi, morningdew,
How was your interview?
I already took the tests, and do not think I did bad on them (especially Pharmacology). However, I was not contacted. Do you have any idea if failing or having a low score on the tests eliminates you from the hiring process?
Do you know for how long they will going to interview?
If I am not contacted, I wish you the best.
- I interviewed Monday as well with a Panel. It was in my opinion a great interview. And I honestly have nothing but positive things to say about the process thus far. I have dealt with various other hospitals which interviewed 5-6times the number of applicants that they were going to hire. I really hope I get it. I have wanted to work for Temple since I received my first degree from Temple.
An odd thing I did notice (not bad but) that many of the candidates I was seated with prior to the interview were non-BSN students.
- Jul 19, '12 by dbassiCongratulations! I hope you get it.
I finished my tests on Saturday, and do not think they were that bad. I do not know if they are not contacting me because I took them late, or if I failed...Do you guys have any idea if I have still the chance to be invited to interviewing? I m getting a bit anxious here. I really love Temple, but I have my doubts about getting chosen now...
I will really appreciate your comments.
- I am hoping too. I emailed Terry after my interview asking when I should expect to hear back either positive or negative. She said "two weeks (hopefully sooner) be patient!". I don't know what that means though.
- Also, just email her or call. The worst answer you can get is "no" but sometimes I think its better to have a piece of mind.
- Jul 19, '12 by dbassiThanks, Brianna. I got an email inviting me for an interview on July the 30th!!!! I guess they will be interviewing till then. Although it's nerve racking, we are still there.
- Jul 25, '12 by BrianaNGood Luck, I know they are hiring in two waves. Mid August and end of August so this makes sense!
- Jul 26, '12 by iridium54Congrats to all of those who were hired! I'm very sad to just be learning about this program now. Does anyone know if the "New to Practice Program" has a fall cohort? Is it just a once a year thing? I'd appreciate any information since the Internet is void of any save for this site. Thanks!