OHSU ABSN 2013 Applicants - page 8
by mamakac 61,204 Views | 290 Comments
I didn't see a thread.....although it is quite early yet for some to be thinking about the upcoming application session. I am a senior at Marylhurst/PCC, will be graduating Spring 2013 and applying to OHSU, Duke, and John Hopkins... Read More
- 0Feb 14, '13 by mamakacABSN to MS students are in our same cohorts (some will start in Summer, others in Fall, like us) and nothing really changes in their program until they are finished with the BSN portion, then they just head straight into a 2 year MS program for either Psych NP or CNM (the only 2 direct entry MS programs at OHSU, all others require that you have work experience before applying).
And no, being asked for an interview is part of the application process for ABSN to MS students- so that is not an indication for them to as if they have been formally accepted to the ABSN program.
I have also spoken with students that ABSN to MS students sometimes change their mind during the ABSN training, in which case other students who have developed an interest in the Psych NP or CNM fields coulld ask to be considered for those spots. It doesn't happen a lot, but can occur.
I got an envelope from OHSU today and was so thrilled- then I just discovered that FA just needs more info :P
- 0Feb 20, '13 by mamakacThought that I would share this with everyone:
Thank you for your email. Yes, we will notify accepted candidates via phone and email in addition to the regular admissions packet. At this time, applications are in review. I hope this information is helpful and best of luck!
Admissions Counselor, OHSU School of NursingLast edit by dianah on Feb 20, '13 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names
- 0Feb 20, '13 by rnalwaysontherunLooking at last year's board on here- it seems most people received their acceptances on March 29th- so maybe they will be sent out before April 1st again this year (fingers crossed).
mamakac- it seems unlikely that they would call AND email after sending out letters, is this what they have done in previous years or is it something new this year?
- 0Feb 20, '13 by mamakacThat was a direct copy and paste from an e-mail that I recieved yesterday. If you look at last years boards, a lot of people did recieve calls in addition to application packets in the mail.
This year they are adding in e-mail notification in order to allow other schools to know sooner if someone needs to withdraw their application.
- 0Feb 20, '13 by csbendzI had my skype interview 3 weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure they said that notifications could be sent at any time starting, well, now. (Then again, they reviewed the timeline at the end of the interview and I think I was too distracted to pay very close attention.) I hope we find out before the end of March...! I can't handle waiting that much longer, especially since other schools' deadlines pass before then...