ITT Tech's New Program??? - Page 12Register Today!
- Nov 17, '11 by Brittney154I'm looking at starting ITT nursing program. How are you liking it?
- Nov 18, '11 by my3blessingsBrittney, where are you located?
- Nov 18, '11 by Brittney154I'd be going to the one in Portland, oregon
- Nov 19, '11 by Recruiter BobWanted to make a few points to everyone. I am not sure why there is so much negative feelings toward ITT Tech. I saw a poster make statement that "ITT Tech grads must pass the same tests to become certified and receive their RN license as everyone else" and that is totally true. I saw another poster state "they had a friend in recruiting that stated employers say stay away from ITT Tech grads or Corporate school grads" now I am know that one is not true. I own a national executive recruiting firm and in the 20 years I have owned my company, and been doing recruiting in the medical field, not once has any of my client companies ever said to me or any of my recruiters, I need an RN but not from ITT Tech or a corporate school. They are concerned with having the needed license (RN,LPN) and experience of the applicant, period.
Yes, there may be certain companies that will not consider Corporate school applicants, but by and large they are welcomed just as any other Nurse. In addition many have questioned why go to such a school it is so much more expensive. Plain and simple answer there. They just don't want to or cannot wait to get into traditional college programs or community college programs with waiting lists of over 2 to 3 years. One poster stated these people go to Corporate college's because they don't want to face going to a University. Wrong again. Many have high GPA'S in high school and have previously attended college with exceptional grades. I spoke with an applicant the other day that was a grad from ITT Tech's Nursing program and she had switched schools from a major University with a 3.9 GPA, and I had her 5 job offers the next day from large hospitals.
I just think that before you go thinking a program is not up to par because of what a few people may say or think, you should be more open minded and weigh all the facts.
Everyone have a great day!!!!!!
- Dec 2, '11 by bevtagAs with any school, do your homework and call your Board of Nursing. ITT is based in Indiana so you might want to call the Indiana Board of Nursing. Before you commit to any school or any field of study, do your homework. Don't depend on faceless people (like me) on the internet. For me, ITT was great, but I know a girl who hated it. We're each different and have our own needs and learning styles.
- Dec 14, '11 by DedebI am new to this site and fresh out of high school . My goal is to become a RN. I want to know ifthe itt tech program is a good school for me. Please help !
- Dec 14, '11 by CuriousMeQuote from DedebNo one but you can say if any school is good for you. ITT Tech is very expensive (it's associate degree costs more than my bachelors degree did), and it's credits are not nearly as readily accepted as transfer credits by other schools when compared to a community college or state university (which could mean that if you were to continue your education, you'd have to take --and pay for-- a lot of general education classes again). It is easier to get into though. Only you can balance out the negatives and positives.I am new to this site and fresh out of high school . My goal is to become a RN. I want to know ifthe itt tech program is a good school for me. Please help !
Is there a reason you're leaning toward ITT Tech vs. a Community College?
- Dec 14, '11 by DedebCommunity colleges in missouri don't offer any nursing programs . Only medical assistant which is a waste of time to me .
- Dec 14, '11 by CuriousMeQuote from DedebI don't know anything about MO, but (and you may have this already) here is a link to a listing of all the PN and RN programs in your state. There do seem to be some community colleges on the RN list.Community colleges in missouri don't offer any nursing programs . Only medical assistant which is a waste of time to me .
I hope you can find the answer that best suits your needs.
- Mar 1, '12 by imanursedogonitHey Awesome to read your post. Would you mind emailing me about your program. I was accepted for the Mar 19 class, and wanted to ask you some questions about the program, the clinicals etc...