Applicants to Portland area schools for 2012. - Page 37Register Today!
- Jun 18, '12 by missmichellePCC waitlisters:
I was #33 on the waitlist and just received a phone call this morning offering me a spot in the nursing program. I just wanted to let all of you know that I declined and the next person in line should be receiving a call soon!
- Jun 19, '12 by ReidCongratulations, smallfry2!! It's pretty nerve-wracking being on the waitlist at this point of the notifications... but oh man, does it feel great to get the call!
Congrats again and enjoy Linfield!
- Jun 24, '12 by share13Advice needed please. Im on the PCC wait list #61. I'm enrolled in microbiology and math 111, this quarter. The only reason I'm taking math 111 is to give myself the chance to apply for the George Fox program in case I don't get into PCC. I am also planning to apply to linfield this summer, but with 2/3 of my A&P classes receiving B's, a B in bio 112, and 2/3 of my chem classes are B's, I'm worried my chances aren't great. All the rest of my classes are A's. I am trying to decide if I should take the math. Has anyone heard about the program at George fox? I have 4 kids I'd love to spend more time with this summer if I really don't need the math class. Any thoughts would be helpful.
- Jun 24, '12 by osuchrisShare13... If you are planning on taking Statistics (or a higher level math class like Calculus) in the future then you will need to take MTH 111. I know OHSU wants you to take a Stat class, but I am not sure about the George Fox or Linfield. Good luck.
- Jun 24, '12 by share13Thanks osuchris I actually already took statistics and received an A. I tested into math 111 which made me exempt from taking it for the ocne program. I just don't know if I should take it if I don't need it.
- Jun 25, '12 by missmichelleshare13, if I were you, I'd call George Fox and see if your statistics credits will meet the math requirement. If you've taken a math course higher than their minimum requirement and it transfers to the school you want to go to, usually that is satisfactory and they won't require you to take MTH111.
- Jun 26, '12 by jimithing112It's likely you don't need it if you've already taken stats.