Georgetown ABSN Fall 2011 - Page 9Register Today!
- Apr 14, '11 by mailedcClaire,
I've had the same fantastic experiences with Georgetown throughout this process! It has been pretty seamless.
I got the same information regarding the admitted students day! How many of you all are going to be able to attend? I know a lot of people aren't in the DC area.
I'm curious if anybody who got into Georgetown is not going to apply for the WHC scholarship. 3 years commitment is substantial and I can see why people moving from far away might be unsure about signing up for that! I'd love to hear what you all are thinking!
Best of luck to everybody!
- Apr 14, '11 by 3v3r5Thanks for the information on the accepted students and WHC interviews, Claire! I'm waiting to hear from one more school before I decide on schools, but I'm really excited that I got into Georgetown!
To be honest, the WHC three year commitment is pretty intimidating, but I've heard lots of good things about the hospital. My father is a physician and he said that getting into a hospital program is one of the best things you can do as a student because you get guaranteed hands-on experience and will have a job immediately after graduation. But I can completely understand if there are students out there not wanting to commit to such a long program, especially if they donít live in the DC area.
Hopefully I will have the pleasure of meeting some of you in the next few weeks. Best of luck on the WHC essays! I donít know how much more waiting I can handle J
- Apr 14, '11 by char2011Despite the fact that the WHC scholarship would be a HUGE relief financially, I'm from Michigan and have never lived in D.C...so it's safe to say I'm a little nervous about signing myself up for such a big time commitment (assuming I even got the scholarship, which is a long shot..haha). I guess we'll just have to see...it plays a big role in where I possibly end up though, since the other programs I've been accepted to have MUCH lower tuition rates and costs of living- but they aren't quite as prestigious as Georgetown. Gahhh so many decisions...
- Apr 14, '11 by kdbar1can anyone help me find the official cost of the program on the gtown website? just curious of the 72,000 breakdown...
- Apr 16, '11 by jennmcschmoWhen are you all planning to go to Georgetown Experience and the Interview. I'm thinking the sooner the better. I wonder what kind of dress attire is appropriate for Georgetown Experience.
- Apr 16, '11 by lstuckey79I am doing the March 6th and 7th date. I think they said professional attire, so I was thinking black pants and a dress shirt....
- Apr 16, '11 by jennmcschmoYea I was thinking something like that for the Georgetown experience, but a skirt suit for the actual interview. Sounds like they will be watching us at both events. I am thinking since i live right here that I may go to the first dates, and get it out of the way.
- Apr 16, '11 by lstuckey79Yes, I agree with you. From previous posts last year, it seems extremely intense. I live in Atlanta, so I will have to make a trip up there when I am done with classes here. I am very excited to meet everyone. Is Georgetown your first choice? I am also curious what everyones' background are. Are most people new grads or coming back to school.
- Apr 17, '11 by dlrosenRNHello all,
I know this has come up a bit already, but is anyone else facing having to decide between GW and Georgetown? I'm having a difficult time, as I'm really drawn to both (granted the scholarship plays a HUGE factor). Just curious... =) Good luck to all those writing the essay!
- Apr 18, '11 by sdahl2dlrosen--I am debating between GW and GU as well. I wish GW had some kind of accepted student day. I also wish they had more financial aid/scholarships.
Is anyone from Northern Virginia going to the WHC interviews on May 7th?