Networking in a new cityRegister Today!
- by livRN2012 Jan 16I graduate in May and will be moving to Tulsa OK. What would be the best way to start networking and meeting people to get my foot in the door since I have no contacts in Tulsa.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=809033©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 808 Views
- Jan 16 by dogfood341Here would be a great place! I graduate in May, as well. Just this past week, I have been calling potential employers (just about anywhere) to see if they hire new grads. I've had a bit of good luck with that, so far. Not much, but I have a few names and I've spoken with a few "higher-ups". Some of them told me I could apply now...some of them said I could send them my resume. Good luck to you!
- Jan 17 by That GuyTake a job. Any job where you can get your name out there. My GF did this after moving to be with me. 3 months after being here she was approached for a VA job, very hard to get especially for a civiliain. It really is about who you know. So get out there and start making friends.
- Jan 17 by MeriwhenMoving to the Oklahoma Nursing Forum where you're more likely to encounter people working in that state
Best of luck on the move and the job hunt!
- Jan 19 by dottimurI agree that posting here is a great way to meet people and taking a job helps tremendously. I have found it easy to make fast friends in nursing because you have to rely on each other... Good luck and keep us posted.
- Feb 1 by Samantha79St. Francis has a new grad get together (party) usually around March. That would be a good thing to attend for networking. Just starting calling the nurse recruiters at the hospitals. They will give you dates and info of job fairs and such. Good luck.