CNA in OK
- 0Nov 11, '06 by mistiffyHi all, I am currently looking for a good CNA program in the Tulsa/Owasso area and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? I am looking into taking either evening or weekend classes for my CNA. Right now it looks as if I will be attending Interim health care's december CNA program, has anyone heard anything good/bad about Interim? Anything would be helpful about now as I am rather clueless about all of this lol.
- 0Nov 14, '06 by dottimur, MSN, RNI live in the Owasso area and I went for 16 Saturdays to Tulsa Tech on North Peoria from 8-5 and the program was excellent. I had great teachers. Go to http://www.tulsatech.org/pdf/st_spring_07.pdf and on page 39 it shows my teacher (Livingood) teaching Saturdays from 5/5 to 9/8 on Saturdays. The class will fill up. Call 828-2000.
I have known about 4 people who went to Wings but they did not have favorable comments.
Another option is the PCT program at TCC but I don't know if that is hard to get into.
- 0Nov 14, '06 by babynurselsaTHere is a place called wings there is an office in Broken Arrow, and another that I think is somewhere on west 11th street, like past yale maybe.
I have no personal exp with wither , but it seems someone else on here mentioned them before and they did not have anything negative to say about them.
Most of the hospitals will train also.
- 0Nov 19, '06 by BabyRN2BeI went to DreamMakers School for Health Care Aids. I really enjoyed it and they really knew what they were doing. It was a full day two week course. One week in the classroom/laboratory and one week working supervised at one of 3 hospital sites.
Betty is the owner, she's an RN who's worked in ortho (with my mom actually ) for many years and she LOVES to teach. They have an LPN in with them who does the practical side of things, and I learned soooo much from her. In fact, I'd LOVE to shadow her around just for the things I had learned. Hillcrest will definitely hire those from DreamMakers, and sometimes will actually pay for the training. I highly recommend DreamMakers. Everyone is awesome there.
- 0Nov 20, '06 by mistiffyThank you all for your help! i actually enrolled friday for Interim Healthcare's december cna class. I hope it all goes well! Anyone have experience with Interim by chance? A friend of mine went there and she seemed to like it so hopefully I will too. I'm kinda nervous about it though, this is really my first time in any type of "nursing" class!