Ohio University RN-to-BSN Program - Page 7Register Today!
- Mar 26, '11 by OUstudentOOOPs I meant I am graduating June 2012!!!! lol
Also you can take Stats simultaneously with Research but that is the LATEST you can take it
I know someone that challenged OU for previous math work that had the content of STATS(that they require) in it and did not have to take Statistics!
- Mar 27, '11 by mtsteelhorseThis is GREAT information...thank you! I find their website for hard to move around. I haven't started yet and I'm a bit nervous about their format. I sent you a PM...thanks for your help.
- Quote from chucksterYikes! If this is the timeline to hearing anything from OU (2/4 to 3/24 is roughly 7 weeks), I won't get a response until about the second week of April. That's a long wait with not much buffer time to an 8 Mar semester start. I can only hope that that DAR won't have any unpleasant surprises.
Well now I did get confirmation emails that they had received my transcripts and I had been admitted prior to the 24th. By 2/7 they had gotten my application. By 2/18 they received my transcripts.3/16 I was accepted into the program and received my online orientation course.OAKID password creation to sign into OU email and black board.I called on the 23 stating I didnt see where to sign up for classes. Office told me they had just recieved my initial DARs. I asked that it be emailed to me that day.That is my time line. I am currently waiting for an updated DARs
- Thank you OUstudent for being so thorough. This has opened up alot. I kind of felt like I was searching around in the dark and this has shed a lot of light. I have taken Soc 111 @ Sinclair. I did get a D in that course( I checked the other day) I hope they come back with some better analysis. I took english 1 &2 @ sinclair as well. I already have A&P 1,2,3. A bunch of chemistry classes from another degree.Math classes as well.Im going to go over my classes with a fine toothed comb. I dont plan on taking more classes than what I need.
- SShanon81, they accepted one of my D courses the second DARS review! They will re-evaluate and update things. Tell me again when you're slated to start??? I bagged it for this session but need to enroll if I'm going with OU. Keep me posted.
- mtstelhorse: Im starting May 8/9.Right now Im looking into classes that I need that Sinclair offers. I will see how the first class goes and then possiblely pick up courses the next time in gen ed.WE shall see. Im a little disappointed with the restrictions.
Im wondering if I could take a junior level eng someplace else.Also do I need to have a certain number of credit hours done at OU?
- I just finished getting a TON of information from ASU. Total cost for BSN is $12,000 t/-. With military benefits under $11,000. They are CCNE accredited...but not regionally if that matters to you. 10 nursing courses...that's it. Courses start monthly and are 8 weeks in duration; can take up to 4 months off in a year if need be. PM if you want more info. I realize this is an OU thread. I got through all the red tape (I think) with OU but I'm still not real comfortable with the lack of information and the speed at which they do things.
- Mar 28, '11 by chucksterQuote from SShannon81That's quite a bit different than my experience so far. I have not heard anything at all from OU since I sent my application on 2/21. I e-mailed the the OU "enrollment specialst" who originally contacted me about a week and half ago. Though he responded quickly, what he told me was not encouraging: "Once ALL of your documents have been received, you should receive a confirmation email from main campus letting your know all of your documents are in and you are under academic review."Well now I did get confirmation emails that they had received my transcripts and I had been admitted prior to the 24th. By 2/7 they had gotten my application. By 2/18 they received my transcripts.3/16 I was accepted into the program and received my online orientation course.OAKID password creation to sign into OU email and black board.I called on the 23 stating I didnt see where to sign up for classes. Office told me they had just recieved my initial DARs. I asked that it be emailed to me that day.That is my time line. I am currently waiting for an updated DARs
Since I haven't heard anything, I guess that means they have not gotten all of my documents. Of course the problem is that I have no way of knowing what, if anything is still outstanding. At this stage, I've given up worrying about things - I did not plan to start until summer anyway. I have also applied elsewhere just in case OU continues to be a riddle wrapped in an enigma and as a hedge against an unfavorable DAR.
- Like Chuckster I got very little info along the way. It's very frustrating. I assure you it will come through but not in a timely manner. This type of thing makes me nervous about how the curriculum will be. I ordered my text 2 weeks before the start of class (today, but delayed it) and it's still NOT here! ASU is looking better everyday.