NRSE 414 Cultural Diversity - Page 49Register Today!
- Jun 4, '12 by michelemybellI know it's a little late but I just discovered some valuable library resources on the ohio student knowledge center page. Under the catmail login look for library services. There are several links...one for off campus patrons (takes you to ebsco host), rn to bsn (has sites for some of the nursing classes like diversity), and a nursing library link. If you have time to poke around it may be worth it for the future. It could possible be easier than going to ALICE.
- Jun 4, '12 by Simply ComplicatedQuote from DidiRNI picked the culture first, then went online to CINAHL and searched and browsed through the articles. You can also narrow the article search by year, so that you can only get ones in the past two years. That's how I picked my article out. I have never used Alice since I started at OU in the spring, never had any luck finding anything there. I did try to use it again though this time around, since that's what they requested in the assignment. But I had zero luck finding anything.
You have to subscribe to that site though, right? It's not free?
- Jun 5, '12 by EmJeanRNThis may have been mentioned before but bibme.org is an excellent website for generating references and SAVING every reference you have ever looked up! Good for magazines, journals, books, web sites etc.
- Jun 5, '12 by michelemybellGreat tip!
- Jun 5, '12 by DidiRNQuote from Simply ComplicatedIt's on the Ohio U. Library website, I didn't have to subscribe to it at all. It's under the folder of "Nursing Article Database". Then when you get there, you will see a link to CINAHL.You have to subscribe to that site though, right? It's not free?
Home - Nursing - LibGuides at Ohio University
- Sick and tired of losing points for APA. My TA is very strict on this. I am ready to upload my paper and be done with this class. Yes it was easy but it was also really hard, I felt like my TA was not helpful and that the instructions were not clear. Oh well, moving on.
- Jun 5, '12 by ohiomomQuote from Simply ComplicatedI just looked through two cultural diversity journals and found a research article. I got mine from the journal of transcultural nursing, or something like that. It's at home and I'm at workHow did you guys pick a direction to even go for this DB? Did you pick a disease process, then start trying to find an article relating to a specific culture, pick a culture and just start looking for articles for it? I usually figure these things out pretty easy, but I am just lost on this one.
- Done, Submitted. Now all I can do is wait.
- Nervous about it though.
- Jun 5, '12 by PeanutButterJellyhow much information did you put into the "description of interviewee" section of your paper? i'm trying to keep it short since the entire paper is going to talk about the interviewee. plus i only got five pages to fit this stuff in!