Graduation reduxRegister Today!
- by chuckster Sep 3Some of you may be familiar with my previous posts whinging about when I'll finally be able to actually graduate from OU. With apologies to some, and for the benefit of those not familiar with the saga, I completed NRSE 4600 in November of last year but missed the cutoff date to file for graduation in 2012. I duly filed (and paid) in February for what I thought would be graduation this past May. I apparently indicated somewhere however that I would not complete my last course at OU until the second summer session - the one that just ended. As a result, OU billed me a further $5 (it apparently costs more to graduate during the summer, even if you actually completed the requirements to graduate the previous fall), which I've now reluctantly paid.
I'm not optimistic about actually getting my diploma however. This is in no small measure due to my intimate familiarity with not only Murphy's Law but also all of its corollaries. However, this pessimism primarily springs from my paranoia: I am nearly completely convinced that my fear that OU maintains a "Hotel California" list (" . . . you can check out but you can never leave . . ."), is actually a reality. Feeding that fear is what I see when when I check my DARS which states (in red, bold, all-caps type no less) menacingly that "ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE COMPLETE PENDING FINAL GRADUATION CLEARANCE". Keeping in mind that this statement has been in my DARS for the better part of a year, I'm thinking that my paranoia may be justified.
Anyone want to start a betting pool on whether anything from OU shows up in my mailbox this coming October?
- 827 Views
- Sep 3 by rninmechuckster my friend!! I am praying that diploma arrives in the mail. I am like you, I refused to believe I had graduated until that piece of paper was in my possession
- Sep 3 by mtsteelhorseAwww Chuckster, OU has not been your best friend! What a mess. I hope you get your diploma soon.
- Sep 3 by enuf_alreadyHa ha. My bet's on OU. Chuckster will be a real money maker at $5 a semester ;-).
I did see that it is $5 after you pay your $50 IF you change the semester you decide to graduate. It appears YOU did not actually make the change, rather the change was made by default. What I don't understand is how you were even able to apply and pay money a semester ahead?
Good luck Chuckster. Let us know how this comes out.
(Music to Hotel California plays in the background)
Chuckster stood in the doorway, waiting for the mail. Then he was thinking to himself this could be Heaven or this could be Hell...
- Sep 4 by enuf_alreadyQuote from erin527RNNo, because I took it and made it my own;-). I actually thought about it though. It is amazing how school changes some of your thought processes and habits. I am still having a hard time using contractions, even at work in my charting.Are you guys citing your music in APA!?!?! Lol
- Sep 4 by cincinursemaryQuote from enuf_alreadyOh your instructors would be so proud!No, because I took it and made it my own;-). I actually thought about it though. It is amazing how school changes some of your thought processes and habits. I am still having a hard time using contractions, even at work in my charting.
- Sep 4 by ohgirn1Have you talked to anyone? If someone could actually see how silly this is, I would think they would help.
- Sep 7 by enuf_alreadyChuckster check your DARS again. I've been checking mine every few days and it just changed and now says "BSN DEGREE AWARDED AUGUST 17, 2013" in red. I was told diplomas should be mailed out in October so I'll believe it when I have mine in hand.
- Sep 8 by evieincoI just checked my DARS, mine says the same thing!! Woohoo! I finally feels real.