Graduation Date...when will you be done with RN to BSN? - page 4
by EmJeanRN | 4,303 Views | 57 Comments
I know many of you are coming very close to being finished. Thought maybe we could have a roll call for those getting close and those not so close. Those getting close to the end...tell us when you started...how many classes,... Read More
- 5Apr 6, '12 by deltaroxxy2It will be nice seeing my dinner table again. It hasn't been cleared off in over a year. It will be NICE to get back into my true passion…PHOTOGRAPHY. As a graduation gift, I'm getting a much deserved upgrade on my Canon DSLR and enrolling in some photography seminars….THREE MORE WEEKS!!!!
- 0Apr 7, '12 by michelemybellStarted Sept 2011. Need all the nursing plus 7 electives (total of 18). Hope to finish by the end of 2013 because I'm not sure I can swing 2 classes at a time. I may bite the bullet on a couple. Micro and chemistry (15 weeks each) will take up 30 weeks of my life next year!!!
- 1Apr 8, '12 by linda93Quote from michelemybellJr compLinda what were the 7 electives???
ethics, intro to soc, art and nutrition will all be taken as intersession classes (10 day classes) online from western OK university. I had them all approved already.
- 0Apr 12, '12 by GumbyRNHi all, new here. I've been an RN (AAS) for 7 years, but decided to go back for the BSN. I'll be done at the end of June (YAY!). Actually, if I chose to take the class that they are dropping as a requirement for the next cohort of students, then I would be done in July, and graduate in August. But, since I decided to not take the class (which is a med-surg class, with clinicals! For RNs! Really?), I will graduate in late September. Confusing? Yes, I agree, but that has been my experience of the program. So, basically, it looks like this:
1. Last class ends June 25th.
2. Sit back and do nothing for the rest of summer.
3. Apply for licensure credits after Sept. 1st
4. Get degree in hot little hands hands end of Sept.
I can't wait for it to be done. I'm so sick of papers. I'm currently supposed to be working on my last paper--which is the "final exam" for Community and Public Health. I wish she had just given us a multiple choice test--something clean to finish with. But no, we have to write a paper. Typed, double spaced, 12 pt font, 4-5 pages, APA 6th edition, at least two peer reviewed nursing journal references. Hating it, but looking forward to being over with.
- 0Apr 15, '12 by mo2rnQuote from deltaroxxy2Congrats Deltaroxxy,you have been so helpful we will miss you!!!!It will be nice seeing my dinner table again. It hasn't been cleared off in over a year. It will be NICE to get back into my true passion…PHOTOGRAPHY. As a graduation gift, I'm getting a much deserved upgrade on my Canon DSLR and enrolling in some photography seminars….THREE MORE WEEKS!!!!
- 0Apr 15, '12 by deltaroxxy2Oh thanks…I'm all about us helping each other. This program has been smooth sailing for me since I found this group. Thankful I found it as early as I did. Can't imagine going through this program w/out all of the resources I've found in this group. And I'll definitely pop in from time to time. But once you guys make the big switch come Fall, I doubt I'll be helpful…LOL
- 0Apr 15, '12 by deltaroxxy2Quote from michelemybellJust memorize the chapter study questions and test in the book and you'll do fine. Don't even bother doing the online quizzes that come with Cengage. A total waste of time….Hey let me know how the nutrition class goes. I'm thinking of doing an intersession in december!
- 0Apr 16, '12 by Danyelle717Hi everyone! I started the program in October 2011 and I just scheduled my last quarter for the summer. I will complete my BSN by August 11, 2012! I am so excited! I had to take all 12 nursing core classes (took 2 at a time) as well as junior english and a cultural class. I worked full time and also have a family. It is possible, just keep your mind set to your goals Good luck everyone!