Cleveland Clinic RN New GraduateRegister Today!
- by bayareastudent0711 Jun 21, '12Hi
I have an opportunity for an interview as an new grad at Cleveland Clinic. I need some answers, how is the training and orientation there? I know Cleveland Clinic is #1 in the nation for medical advancement, but how about the support and training of nurses? I know economy is hard right now, this would be a big move for me, so I'm a little anxious. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me also =) TIA.
- Jun 29, '12 by lullabyhi! i'm also applying to their new grad positions. are you currently living out of state and would be relocating for this job? i have some info and advice for you if you want to PM me. but overall i say go for it! the CC is the best and an amazing opportunity to work for them. cheers! dd
- Jul 2, '12 by amiklusI'm going to jump in on this post also. I just received my temp. license in Ohio and will be doing a phone interview tomorrow. I tried to PM you to ask for your advice, but I can't. If you could inform me of what the phone interview with Hr was about...or just any tips, info or advice would be great. I will also be relocating from Arizona. I grew up in Cleveland and this a lot about the Clinic and would love to have a career there. Thanks!
- Jul 18, '12 by HillarienicDid any of you have your interview? How did it go?
- Jul 18, '12 by kayemmejayI applied, had two phone interviews (one for OB nursing and one for cardiac step down). Now I am just waiting for a nurse manager to call me in for an interview.
- Jul 20, '12 by HillarienicOh thats wonderful. I just had my phone interview today. I'm also wondering how the testing is. I guess I will just start reviewing my skills book to brush up. Best of luck to you! Keep me updated.
- Jul 31, '12 by lullabyhey guys, i've applied to the CC's new grad position and the other day i received a nice voicemail from a recruiter who said she was reviewing my application and said that when my temporary ohio license comes through (i'm currently licensed in NY) to call her and she'll move me onto the interview process.
i'm very happy about hearing i might get an interview and i hope this message means that at least i made it past the "no" pile of applications.
so i just had a few questions for those who've interviewed already. a lot of you mention phone interviews, i assume they only do this if you are out of state? can any of you let me know what their interview process is like (how many interviews you went on) and what this "test" is that was mentioned as part of the interview process?
also do any of you know how often they conduct the new graduate orientations once you are hired? i would assume they'd have a large group of new graduates and maybe hold them once every few months? i'm asking this as i'm still in the process of relocating from NYC so if i do get hired i'm wondering if anyone has any idea how soon i'd be expected to start.
thanks for any info/advice!
- Jul 31, '12 by ScottE,RNThere are a couple tests from what I have heard.
There is a math test.
There is a nursing specific test. Sort of like a mini NCLEX in a way. You are presented some scenario then have to pick the answer.
There is a strength test.
- Aug 1, '12 by amikluslullaby - I can't respond via message. But I ended up accept a job and canceled my interview with the Cleveland clinic. Good luck
- Aug 6, '12 by hoiaI did a phone screening interview with Cleveland Clinic last week.
I was just wondering how long applicants waited to get a phone call from the unit manager to set up 2nd interview.
I never realized that looking for a job can be this frustrating...