What did you do...Register Today!
- by SnowboardRN Jan 12What nursing field did you work in before working in L&D (or postpartum)?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=807900©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,077 Views
- Jan 12 by kloneNothing, I came into OB/L&D as a new grad
- Jan 12 by itsnoworneverSame here. If you want l&d just apply to every open position they have unless it asks for 3-5 years of experience.
- Jan 12 by kayemmejayRNI am a new grad as well. I used to work in health education and HIV prevention.
- Jan 12 by melmarie23med/surg and acute rehab for 8mo...was a per diem float between the two units.
- Jan 12 by cayenne06Yes, I started in OB (with a brief stint in home health). I actually worked in OB before I was a nurse- I was a birth assistant and childbirth educator, then a Certified Professional Midwife and Florida Licensed Midwife (CPM, LM), then went back to school for my BSN, and am now completing my MSN on my way to becoming a CNM!
- Jan 13 by M/B-RNWas hired as a new grad to work postpartum.
- Jan 13 by LilyRoseRNI did 2 years of med/surg before transferring to Mother/Baby and it helped me tremendously.
- Jan 13 by bagladyrnMed-Surg and Inpatient Psych.
- Jan 13 by AlikatzGot hired into L&D as a new grad.