Hey guys, I am doing a packet for my next semester professor and she wants us to come in knowing how to do this. What that means to me is I will not find out the correct answers like I can in my book b/c she wrote this on word herself. So I was wondering if you could see if you came up with similar answers. I was actually confused on how to set up a few of the questions so they very well might be wrong, if you feel like showing me how you set yours up it would be very beneficial to me! And any tips or how to make this super simple in my head(maybe its so simple its confusing me, IDK)!
1. For a child, the M.D. has ordered Polycillin 35 mg q 6 h. The Polycillin comes in a
Suspension: 50 mg per 5 ml. How much do you give?
2. Pre-op order: Atropine gr 1/150 IM. The atropine is available for injection labeled 0.4 mg/ml. How much do you inject?
3. Another pre-op order: Demerol 15 mg and Scopolamine 0.3 mg IM. Available: Demerol 50 mg/ml, Scopolamine 1/200 gr/ml. How much of each drug will you give? Can you mix them in one syringe? <-----Can someone explain this part?
4. Order: Penicillin 1000 mg P.O. available Penicillin Tabs. 0.25 Gm. How may tabs do you give?
5. Order: ASA 600 mg P.O. You have ASA gr 5 tabs. How many do you give?
6. Order: Theophylline 100 mg liquid. You have 80 mg/15ml. How many ml's will you give?
I got 18.75 mL's
7. Order: Morphine Sulfate liquid 10 mg q4hours pm. You have 20 mg/ml. How much will you give?
0.5 mLs Q4h PM
8. Order reads: Give KCL 10 meq. Liquid. You have 20meq/15ml. How much will you give?
I am not confident in any of my setups of the formulas but this one extremly stumped me more than usual and my answer I got was....
I set it up this way--any easier ways??
EX: Morphine Sulfate liquid 10 mg q4hours pm. You have 20 mg/ml. How much will you give?
----------- x 1 mL = (after cancelling out I get 0.5 mL